|Big Thief / Capacity|
|Add Date:||2017-07-26||Pull Date:||2017-09-27|
|Week Ending:||1 Oct||24 Sep||17 Sep||10 Sep||3 Sep||27 Aug||20 Aug||13 Aug|
|1.||Feb 12, 2020:||The Library |
|4.||May 15, 2019:||nearby galaxies |
|2.||Oct 23, 2019:||The Library |
|5.||Mar 06, 2019:||nearby galaxies |
|3.||Jul 31, 2019:||The Library |
|6.||Feb 20, 2019:||The Library |
Indie rock with country and folk/freak folk influence. Something of a buzz band these days. This is their second record and it’s got a lot of great sad tracks as well as some lackluster moments and not the best flow between the soft lo-fi and heavier rock tracks. Yet if the trajectory from their first to second record is any indication, they can only get better from here. Excited for what comes next!|
Related: Angel Olsen, Neil Young, Steve Gunn
Favorites: 2, 4, 7, 9, 11
1. (3:05) Pretty Things—Sparse lo-fi guitar and raw, clear vox.
2. (3:59) *** Shark Smile—Mid-tempo, catchy, steadily gets faster until a mid calm finish. Nostalgic straining electric guitar.
3. (3:52) Capacity—Noisy, ponderous, disjointed Neil Young rock feel. Whispered vox.
4. (3:22) * Watering—Softer, dreamy parts alternate with intense overdriven guitars. Killer riffs. Really cool spacey vocal outro.
5. (3:40) Coma—Lo-fi for first half, then abrupt shift to pretty guitar picking and eerie vox.
6. (3:23) Great White Shark—Quirky freak folk melody.
7. (5:07) ** Mythological Beauty—Dreamy, steady, mid-tempo. Intense, personal lyrics.
8. (2:43) Objects—Bluesy guitars, dual vox, a little boring.
9. (3:33) * Haley—Sweet, spacious country rock.
10. (5:30) Mary—Slow, mournful piano & vox.
11. (3:35) ** Black Diamonds—Relaxed guitar rock. Nice closer.
|1.||Pretty Things||6.||Great White Shark|
|2.||Shark Smile||7.||Mythological Beauty|