|Waxahatchee / Out In The Storm|
|Album:||Out In The Storm||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2017-10-03||Pull Date:||2017-12-05|
|Week Ending:||3 Dec||26 Nov||19 Nov||12 Nov||5 Nov||29 Oct||22 Oct||15 Oct|
|1.||Feb 03, 2020:||good boy sweater |
Never Been Wrong
|4.||Mar 15, 2018:||veggie tales |
|2.||Oct 14, 2019:||baggage claim |
|5.||Mar 07, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
Never Been Wrong
|3.||Jul 27, 2019:||veggie tales |
Hear You, Silver
|6.||Dec 14, 2017:||Mostly A |
|Sam I Am|
Waxahatchee // Out In The Storm: Indie/Folk-rock album. Apparently an album about a breakup though you wouldn’t be able to tell immediately due to how jubilant and uplifting some tracks are. Vocals are clear and poignant, with confessional lyrics. A solid listen, hampered a bit by the slow acoustic tracks which don’t particularly stand out.|
FCC CLEAN. Recommended: 1, 3, 6. RIYL: Angel Olsen, Allison Crutchfield, Courtney Barnett, Pity Sex
1. Never Been Wrong (3:12)** indie rock, soaring and hopeful chorus, bass-driven rhythm in verses.
2. 8 Ball (2:49) country rock, acoustic guitar.
3. Silver (3:24)** Upbeat, and uplifting guitars. “Oooh~”s in verses, guaranteed to bring up your mood.
4. Recite Remorse (4:38) Somber organ drone, pretty slow, picks up a little at the end.
5. Sparks Fly (3:06) Folk vibe shines here, simple and catchy chorus.
6. Brass Beam (2:42)* Blues-y rock intro, gives me a 90’s feel.
7. Hear You (3:01) Grunge feel in verses, poppier in chorus with more soaring guitars.
8. A Little More (2:32) Acoustic track, poetic lyrics and a melancholic delivery.
9. No Question (3:38) Loud rocknroll guitars, cool pedal effects. Fake ending starting at 2:08, song keeps on at 2:13.
10. Fade (3:47) Acoustic closer, slow, sad with a bit of piano.
Sam I Am.
|1.||Never Been Wrong||6.||Brass Beam|
|2.||8 Ball||7.||Hear You|
|3.||Silver||8.||A Little More|
|4.||Recite Remorse||9.||No Question|