|Ylayali / Yy|
|Label:||Lily Tapes & Discs|
|Add Date:||2017-07-12||Pull Date:||2017-09-12|
|Week Ending:||3 Sep||13 Aug||30 Jul||23 Jul||16 Jul|
|1.||Apr 07, 2022:||Stranded at Settembrini's (rebroadcast from Nov 18, 2021) |
|4.||Aug 30, 2017:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||Dec 09, 2021:||Stranded at Settembrini's (rebroadcast from Nov 18, 2021) |
|5.||Aug 12, 2017:||night tapes 13 |
|3.||Nov 18, 2021:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
|6.||Jul 29, 2017:||Music Casserole |
Weirdo lo-fi experimental rock from Francis Lyons of Philadelphia. Lyons plays drums in the sunny indie pop band Free Cake for Every Creature, but his solo work is much stranger and grimmer. The whole thing sounds extremely claustrophobic, from the tin can guitars and intermittent harsh noise to the buried, burned out singing. Hazy, damaged, frequently beautiful. If Sparklehorse isn’t extreme enough for you, you’ll love this. Also RIYL Sebadoh, Terrors, Supreme Dicks, The Microphones/Mount Eerie, Talons’. Favorites: 1, 5, 7. FCC detected on 2.|
1. *(2:16)—Mid-tempo. Chugging, dark guitar. Buzzing keyboard. About running into someone in the grocery store?
2. (4:49)—FCC (f***). Melted slowcore beginning. Picks up speed halfway and becomes a faded drone rock jam.
3. (4:21)—Minimal, slow, ringing guitar. Dark, driving, watery, noisy second half.
4. (1:17)—Dissonant guitar and piano, field recordings of birds and talking.
5. *(4:20)—RIYL Bedhead but noisier. Slow, heavy, jagged guitars. Cut-up vocals.
6. (3:25)—Doomy plodding rock. Noisy, ominous feedback solo.
7. *(3:49)—Field recordings, droning keyboard and guitar, weary vocals. Totally gorgeous. One of my favorite songs I’ve heard in a long time.
8. (2:23)—Sounds like doom metal played through broken speakers. Blown out drum machine, smeary guitar.
|2.||Cherry Tomatoes||6.||Good And Detached|