|Suspirians / Ti Bon Ange|
|Album:||Ti Bon Ange||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Super Secret Records|
|Add Date:||2017-07-26||Pull Date:||2017-09-27|
|Week Ending:||17 Sep||27 Aug||20 Aug||13 Aug||6 Aug||30 Jul|
|1.||Sep 16, 2017:||Old Fart at Play |
|4.||Aug 09, 2017:||The Fuzz Deli |
|2.||Aug 24, 2017:||moodswings |
|5.||Aug 09, 2017:||The Library |
|3.||Aug 19, 2017:||moodswings |
|6.||Aug 05, 2017:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
Ti Bon Ange is the sophomore album by Austin band Suspirians. For these new recordings, the now trio has pushed their sound to darker terrains guided by louder and fuzzier guitars, gloomier organ noises, and plenty of drenched reverb vocals. Psychedelic-goth rock delivered in long dosages. |
RIYL: Rakta, Xmal Deutschland, Mueran Humanos, LiLiPUT and Siouxie & The Banshees.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1. (7:05) **Fortune Spider – Fast tempo punker. Energetic and gloomy. Long track. Just perfect.
2. (3:32) **Nocturne – Guitar driven rocker. Fast tempo. Noise and urgency.
3. (8:50) ***Moonwave – Bass, guitar as a fast tempo. Part Siouxie & The Banshees, part Rakta. Kick out the jams at the cemetery gates.
4. (8:36) *Black Holes – Guitar driven medium tempo start. Fuzz rock a la early 1970s. By minute 2:23, the beat gets faster and the guitars louder. Early Sonic Youth meets Paralisis Permanente.
5. (4:26) *Clean Evil – Synths, guitars feedback then a fast beat. Motorhead meets Killing Joke.
6. (6:57) Scarlett Sleeps – Psych rock ballad. By minute 2:51, vocals get drenched in reverb. Songs ends at 6:47.
7. (0:36) Untitled – Epilogue: Guitar noise galore.
|1.||Fortune Spider||4.||Black Holes|