|Obody / Is A Bridge/A Ready Place|
|Album:||Is A Bridge/A Ready Place||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Already Dead Tapes|
|Add Date:||2017-09-08||Pull Date:||2017-11-10|
|Week Ending:||15 Oct||1 Oct||17 Sep||10 Sep|
|1.||Dec 03, 2020:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
|4.||Sep 13, 2017:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||Oct 10, 2017:||Goggles Optional |
|5.||Sep 12, 2017:||Waste FM |
The Silver Cord
|3.||Sep 30, 2017:||The Prism Experiment |
|6.||Sep 08, 2017:||Magnetized Summer (Late Night Session 2) |
The Silver Cord
Philly slowcore Americana, played dark, sad, and gorgeous. Drawled slow-motion vocals, brushed drums, unsettling violin, lots of empty space. The songs are pastoral, fragile, simple, openhearted, overwhleming. In spirit, the desolate moodiness of the songs puts this as close to Jason Molina/Songs: Ohia/Magnolia Electric Co. as anything I’ve ever heard. Also RIYL Codeine, Low, Red Red Meat, Rex, Early Day Miners, Carissa’s Wierd, Weinland, Townes Van Zandt. Notable experimental musicians Jason Calhoun (Naps) and Sarah Hennies make up half the band. All songs slow unless noted otherwise. No FCCs detected. Favorites: 1, 2, 3, 6 (!!!), 8.|
1. *(4:07)—Eerie, plodding, gets intense and threatens to rock but holds back. Wailing violin.
2. *(6:21)—Wheezing harmonica. Minimal Codeine-esque beginning gives way to a Crazy Horse rocker.
3. *(5:21)—Fragile guitar, lovely and minimal. Really sad keyboard, beautiful duet finish. Totally reminiscent of Songs: Ohia.
4. (3:03)—Mournful violin lead, washed out piano, occasional glitches. Almost postapocalyptic.
5. (6:31)—Weary, bluesy rocker. More harmonica.
6. *(4:18)—This song is jawdropping—I want to faint away when I listen. Sensitive, romantic, heartbreaking waltz. Long, clear, lamenting violin. Torch song guitar. Misty outro.
7. (6:21)—Cold, lonely beginning. Dissonant, distant violin. Quiet to loud and repeat. Pained.
8. *(3:42)—Gentle waltz. The violin is especially beautiful here.
9. (9:18)—Emotionally understated, misty, doomy dirge with a slow build. A quiet duet leads a triumphant, autumnal conclusion.
10. (4:37)—Twangy, with lovely fingerpicked guitar. Strong early Early Day Miners vibe.
|1.||Song For A Prisoner||6.||Render Fire|
|2.||The Silver Cord||7.||Your Body Empties|
|3.||Fly Away||8.||Something So Broken|
|4.||A Million Ways||9.||God's Answer|
|5.||Silent Star||10.||Precision Of The Sea|