|Goldfrapp / Silver Eye|
|Add Date:||2017-09-14||Pull Date:||2017-11-16|
|Week Ending:||12 Nov||5 Nov||29 Oct||22 Oct||15 Oct||8 Oct||1 Oct||24 Sep|
|1.||Sep 24, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||Dec 28, 2017:||Predominantly A |
|2.||Jan 07, 2018:||Formerly A |
|5.||Nov 25, 2017:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Jan 01, 2018:||Totally A |
|6.||Nov 24, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Goldfrapp, the lady electro legend, is back at it again. Her classic falsetto vocals. The imaginative, daring synth lines. The foot-tapping beats and the emotional lamentations. Rejoice! They’re all here!|
RIYL CHVRCHES, Robyn, Portishead, Telefon Tel Aviv
Recommended tracks: 1, 2, 5, 8, 10
1. (3:55) Midtempo, big opener swells to wobbling, ear-overwhelming synth at the chorus. Breathy vocals about how we just can’t wait anymore.
2. (3:38) Plodding marching beat with beautiful harmonies overlaid. Scratching synth like a blaring horn.
3. (4:14) Mid-downtempo, calmer ode to the tigerman. Synth swirling in outer space and singing with few vocal effects.
4. (4:44) Robotic beat channeling Kraftwerk. Repetitive vocoded lyrics, but the synth is infectious.
5. (5:02) Downtempo, beautiful, complexly layered vocals with a surefooted, chugging beat. A techno lament.
6. (5:04) Another etherial slow ballad that twinkles and grinds, but less inspiring than “Faux Suede Drifter.”
7. (4:39) An even gentler down- to midtempo Goldfrapp falsetto techno lullaby.
8. (5:07) Gaining energy again with a pleasant, upbeat, harmonized, synthy jam.
9. (4:03) Downtempo falsetto vocals backed up by undulating synth. Staring at the moon, but like the ocean waves are crashing against your ears at night.
10. (4:27) Starts off simply, then builds to a HUGE synth swell at the chorus. Complex drumbeats and a simple minor-key melody combine to create something really interesting. Goldfrapp is angry and she ain’t gonna take it anymore.
|2.||Systemagic||7.||Beast That Never Was|
|3.||Tigerman||8.||Everything Is Never Enough|
|4.||Become The One||9.||Moon In Your Mouth|
|5.||Faux Suede Drifter||10.||Ocean|