|Camp Cope / Camp Cope|
|Label:||Run For Cover|
|Add Date:||2017-09-27||Pull Date:||2017-11-29|
|Week Ending:||3 Dec||26 Nov||19 Nov||12 Nov||5 Nov||29 Oct||22 Oct||15 Oct|
|1.||Sat, 16 Jun 18:||Trish McBee|
|4.||Sat, 25 Nov 17:||Eme O|
|2.||Thu, 30 Nov 17:||Jon Cousins|
|5.||Thu, 16 Nov 17:||Jon Cousins|
|3.||Sun, 26 Nov 17:||DJ Genesis|
|6.||Thu, 16 Nov 17:||Shay Z|
All Passion No Technique
|Sam I Am|
Camp Cope // Camp Cope: Super talented trio from Melbourne, Australia. One of my favorite albums of the year. Melodic, emotional, poignant indie rock. The lead vocalist, Georgia “Maq”, has an amazingly clear, powerful and unique voice that really draws you in. Lyrics are heartfelt and confessional covering topics from relationships to part-time jobs to street harassment. I wish there weren’t so many FCCs because every track deserves to be played all the time.|
FCC: 3, 6, 7 Recommended: 2, 3(FCC!), 4, 5, 7 (FCC!) RIYL: Tigers Jaw, Angel Olsen, Mitski, Courtney Barnett.
1. Done (4:48). Driving, soaring guitars. Up-tempo indie rock, vocalist shines with melancholic delivery.
2. Flesh And Electricity (3:57)*** My fav track. More mellow than previous track, catchy chorus, more restrained vocals but the melancholic tone lingers.
3. West Side Story (5:32)* FCC: “fucking”. Somber track, slower tempo, guitars sound almost defeated until they pick up at the end, as the vocals build up.
4. Lost (Season One) (3:48)* Similar sound to track 1.
5. Jet Fuel Can’t Melt Steel Beams (4:05)** Another fav, lyrics focus on street harassment and victim blaming. Pounding drums, punk tinged indie rock, fuzzy guitars behind a prominent bass line.
6. Trepidation (3:33) FCC: “fucking”. Guitars at the forefront, clashing drums, pop-punk feel.
7. Stove Lighter (4:21)* FCC: “shit”. Bass takes the lead again here, distorted guitars in the back. Vocals become increasingly more outraged as song settles into the end, makes you want to sing along.
8. Song For Charlie (6:46) By far the saddest track on the album, song deals with loss of a loved one. Longing, emotional, and honest vocals supported by a single electric guitar.
Sam I Am.
|1.||Done||5.||Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams|
|2.||Flesh And Electricity||6.||Trepidation|
|3.||West Side Story||7.||Stove Lighter|
|4.||Lost (Season One)||8.||Song For Charlie|