|Nxworries / Yes Lawd!|
|Label:||Stones Throw Records|
|Add Date:||2017-10-03||Pull Date:||2017-12-05||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||3 Dec||19 Nov||12 Nov||5 Nov||29 Oct||22 Oct||15 Oct||8 Oct|
|1.||Mar 09, 2020:||Soul, Samples & Substitutions |
|4.||Nov 16, 2017:||Lucid Lightning: Power Hour |
|2.||Mar 02, 2018:||Lucid Lightning: Power Hour |
|5.||Nov 08, 2017:||The Nick & James Show |
|3.||Nov 30, 2017:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
Get Bigger / Do U Luv
|6.||Nov 04, 2017:||Music Casserole |
Best One, Get Bigger / Do U Luv
NxWorries - Yes Lawd! reviewed by J-Simma: FCC Clear. |
RIYL: Anderson .Paak,Tyler, the Creator, Mac Miller, Madlib, ATCQ. A collaboration between producer Knxwledge and Anderson .Paak, Yes Lawd! Is a great sampling platter of incredible grooves and irresistible basslines. None of the tracks are too long, but the project does a great job of giving you tastes and snippets of classic R&B and Soul feels. Great transitions between tracks as well,
Favorites: 4), 6), 7), 9), 10), 11), 12), 13), 15), 17)
1) Intro (0:48) Heavy and breezy beat, a standard intro track.
2) Livvin (2:45) Feels like an Earl Sweatshirt, Tyler, the Creator type beat -- horns and heavy drums, nice background vocals. Ends with a skit.
3) Wngs (1:37) Groovy bassline with lighter drums and more melody/vocals. Sounds great back to back with next track, “Best One”
4) Best One (3:15) Solid, groovy, soulful, hypnotic background vocals from .Paak, ends with a skit.
5)What More Can I Say (2:36) Slower, more old-school with more vocal emphasis and a nice strings sample chopped throughout.
6) Kutless (2:08) great downtempo jam, a favorite. Nice keys, defining track of the album
7) Lyk Dis (2:31) Another favorite, rhythmic and groovy, feels R&B, classic .Paak verse.
8) Can’t Stop (2:01) Starts off boom-bap, then moves to a hypnotic vocoder-type track.
9) Get Bigger / Do U Luv (4:04) 1st part: a strong .Paak verse carried by a great bassline. 2nd part cuts in at 3:19, more breezy .Paak vocals over a lethargic bassline
10) Khadijah (2:02) Favorite on the LP. Stripped-down drums, the bassline sets the tone & pace for .Paak to glide over
11) H.A.N. (2:50) Melancholy, heavy drums and bassline, balanced out by .Paak & Knxwledge’s comical lyrics.
12) Scared Money (2:57) Synth gives it 80s video game vibe, another defining track.
13) Suede (2:55) Most famous song off the LP, amazing groove and intro makes it a great track to transition with
14) Starlite (3:24) Old R&B feel, heavy vocal samples with a mellow attitude
15) Sidepiece (3:46) Lethargic feel, classic R&B tone, another favorite,
16) Jodi (1:09) Starts with a skit feeling very R&B, then shifts into old-timey, Otis Redding type joint
17) Link Up (3:31) Uptempo, cruzin’ through the city type song, very groovy, a certified jam.
18) Another Time (2:28) Another old-timey soul type track, vocally-driven, mid-tempo.
19) Fkku (2:12) Funny outro track with a classic Eddie Robinson sample sped up
|5.||What More Can I Say||14.||Starlife|
|8.||Can't Stop||17.||Link Up|
|9.||Get Bigger / Do U Luv||18.||Another Time|