|White, Albert / Albert White And The Rockers|
|Album:||Albert White And The Rockers||Collection:||Blues|
|Label:||Music Maker Relief Fund|
|Add Date:||2017-10-12||Pull Date:||2017-12-14||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||10 Dec||3 Dec||22 Oct|
|1.||Dec 09, 2017:||blues with a feelin' |
All Night Long
|4.||Dec 02, 2017:||blues with a feelin |
Be Young Be Foolish
|2.||Dec 09, 2017:||Music Casserole |
Please Come Home For Christmas
|5.||Oct 20, 2017:||Traditions |
Get Up Get Down Get Funky
|3.||Dec 05, 2017:||Magnetized Toner: With Guest DJ FrankRossTheBoss |
Sing A Song, She Used To Be My Girl
|6.||Oct 20, 2017:||Magic Mix |
A Song For You
Recorded live in two different sessions in the 1970s. That means the sound quality isn’t the best. It has a sort of distant “microphone is on the other side of the building” sound. The performances are solid, but it suffers because of that. Mostly high energy funk/rock/blues with greasy horns, a rocking B3, and great vocals|
*1. Instantly upbeat and funky, oh hell yeah!
*2. Mid/upbeat funk with a total 70s vibe.
3. The great Donny Hathaway ballad. Heartfelt & soaring.
*4. Cool & funky version of the upbeat Earth, Wind & Fire hit.
5. Downtempo, great organ work, but vocals more muted than ever.
*6. Upbeat funk jam. A total butt-shaker.
*7. Down and dirty blues. Great organ work.
8. Like the theme to a 70s sitcom. Bright & bit cheesy.
9. Lowdown Christmas blues classic.
10. Upbeat and driving but vocals sound extra muted & muddy.
*11. Midtempo instrumental walk, tight arrangement & good playing.
12. Gospel w/female vocalist & chorus. Good rocking church jam.