|Various Artists / Burger World: Mexico|
|Album:||Burger World: Mexico||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2018-01-23||Pull Date:||2018-03-27|
|Week Ending:||25 Mar||18 Mar||11 Mar||4 Mar||18 Feb||11 Feb||4 Feb||28 Jan|
|1.||Mar 31, 2022:||Sound Landscapes (rebroadcast from Mar 1, 2018) |
|4.||Jul 22, 2021:||Magnetized Toner (rebroadcast from Oct 24, 2017) |
Ya No Soy Tu Amigo
|2.||Sep 30, 2021:||Magnetized Toner (rebroadcast from Jul 22, 2021) |
Ya No Soy Tu Amigo
|5.||May 30, 2018:||Magnetized Toner: 3 PM |
|3.||Sep 30, 2021:||Hot Probs (rebroadcast from Mar 13, 2018) |
|6.||Mar 24, 2018:||Music Casserole |
Burger World: Mexico is a compilation of new and not-so-new tracks showcasing the current Mexican underground music scene. From darkwave to goth to dreampop to ambient, there’s a track for you here. Well-curated collection.|
RIYL: The collection Nuevos Ricos Compilation 2004, the compilation Electronic Latin Freaks, The collection Emergente: Un Retrato De La Escena Alternativa Mexicana, the Abstrakt Muzak Compilacion series, and the collection Confeti De Mierda.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6,
1. (2:35) ****El Fuzzte by El Pan Blanco – Killer organ riff driven garage piece. From 2008. Their signature song. Great band from Mexico City. Burger is releasing an anthology of El Pan Blanco for the U.S. market sometime in the spring 2018.
2. (3:22) Ya No Soy Tu Amigo by Policias Y Ladrones – Dreampop from Tijuana. Nice guitars. Medium-up tempo.
3. (3:19) ** No Puedo Respirar by Vaya Futuro – Tasteful guitar rock with tints of shoegaze. From 2014. Vaya Futuro just released a new album at the end of 2017. Interesting band.
4. (6:00) ** Cielo by Pure Morning – More shoegaze with nice results, a la Slowdive. Epic.
5. (3:26) *** Hunting by Fishlights – Bedroom pop with charming synth sounds and vocals. Medium tempo.
6. (5:18) ** Club De Chicas by Mint Field – Most recent track by the gloomy duo from Tijuana. Intense guitars. Darkwave athmospheres.
7. (4:13) *** Satánica by El Muertho De Tijuana – Lo-fi goth. Casio driven beats and sounds. Killer vocals.
8. (3:17) ** True by Espejo Convexo – Synth driven darkwave. Solid track. Rare recording.
9. (3:35) * Vampire Kiss by Has A Shadow –Tints of darkwave and 1980s goth. Solid guitars. Medium-up tempo. From Guadalajara.
10. (5:31) Outer Limits by OCEANSS – More darkwave, more guitars. Dark atmospheres.
11. (3:33) **** La Unión by Hawaiian Gremlins – Medium-up tempo gloomy dreampop a la early The Cure. Shoegaze vocals. My favorite track on the compilation.
12. (2:51) * Alleluyah by San Pedro El Cortez – Garage rock a la 1980s Enigma Records.
13. (2:54)*** 200 by Nelson Y Los Filisteos – Fast tempo garage-punker. Wild!