|Sound Meccano / Jura Laiva / Salty Wind And Inner Fire|
|Album:||Salty Wind And Inner Fire||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Sound Meccano / Jura Laiva||Added:||10/2017|
|Add Date:||2017-10-29||Pull Date:||2017-12-31||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||24 Dec||12 Nov|
|1.||Oct 15, 2021:||Waste FM (rebroadcast from Dec 19, 2017) |
|4.||Dec 19, 2017:||Waste FM |
|2.||Jan 13, 2018:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Nov 09, 2017:||All Passion No Technique |
|3.||Jan 03, 2018:||Emergency Crew - Invinceable - Decca |
Sound Meccano / Jura Laiva|
Salty Wind And Inner Fire
Reviewed by BravoMarco
A strong contender for experimental release of the year. From Latvia, Rostislav Rekuta, (Sound Meccano) has produced an absorbing measured LP, ambient drone, combining beautifully with the cello, violin & other stunning sounds. Jura Laiva accompanies on guitar & piano alongside Kate Pavula (Violin) & Eriks Kirsfelds (Cello) Great addition to an ambient experimental set & for those willing to give this genre a try. The tracks do carry on from each other, so fade gradually.
Like: Greg Skloff, Laura Cetilia
Play any. Love 3 & 5
No FCC’s (Instrumentals – Field recordings/spoken word)
1) Part I (14.40) Soft crackling of maybe burning paper infused with spoken word –All brought together majestically by strings, bells & deeply relaxing drone.
2) Part II (7.54) Carries on from the previous track, with a more uplifting energy. Second half produces some energetic plucking.
3) Part III (9.36) Gusty breezes never sounded so appealing. Honest & genuine folk motifs.
4) Part IV (9.39) After a creaky start the relaxation takes over.
5) Part V (7.45) Windy waves of drone.
6) Part VI (7.33) The blustery conditions remain & then give way to a tranquil peaceful day.
7) Part VII (6.32) Similar to the previous, yet darker. This track does not follow onto the next.
8) Part VIII (7.42) Soft pitter patting leading the way to a lovely manipulated cello piece. The droney throb in the background adds to the occasion.
|1.||Part I||5.||Part V|
|2.||Part Ii||6.||Part Vi|
|3.||Part Iii||7.||Part Vii|
|4.||Part Iv||8.||Part Viii|