|Album:||Turn Out The Lights||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Baker, Julien||Added:||Nov 2017|
|Add Date:||2017-12-31||Pull Date:||2018-03-04|
|Week Ending:||Mar 4||Feb 25||Feb 18||Feb 11||Feb 4||Jan 28||Jan 21||Jan 7|
|1.||Jun 08, 2018:||butterscotch memory
|4.||Feb 24, 2018:||Music Casserole
|2.||May 24, 2018:||The Flannel Underground
|5.||Feb 18, 2018:||veggie tales
|3.||Mar 03, 2018:||Music Casserole
|6.||Feb 16, 2018:||monochromatic moods
Everything That Helps You Sleep, Televangelist, Sour Breath
RIYL: being sad
1. Over (1:28): No lyrics, starts with the sound of Julien opening the door, walking into the room and starting to play the piano.
2. Appointments (04:33): About someone you love not being able to handle you, and suggesting you go to therapy, and you dealing with therapy.
3. Turn Out The Lights (03:24): About trying to get used to your experience with mental illness.
4. Shadowboxing (03:53): About fighting with your demons that no one else can see or understand, and everyone else thinking you’re crazy.
5. ***Sour Breath (03:04): A song about feeling like you and your mental health are burden to the ones you love. Refrain: “The harder I swim, the faster I sink.” Ends rather abruptly after she yells it a final time so plan accordingly, you can’t fade out before this!!!
6. **Televangelist (04:52): Lyrics have excellent and sad visual metaphors. Just about straight up pain.
7. Everything That Helps You Sleep (04:21): Starts a little warmer than the others, a touching song about calling out to God to help you stop thinking in spirals.
8. *Happy to Be Here (04:16): Has a nice guitar intro; lyrics about having a simpler life if not for struggling with mental health. Awesome extended metaphor about electrical wiring (yes, I mean that).
9. *Hurt Less (03:59): About learning how to take care of yourself when your past strategies weren’t really doing you much good.
10. *Even (03:33): More guitar heavy (acoustic) than the others. About thinking about whether you should be cruel to someone or be a better person...but you kind of want to ruin their life...but you contain it and feel even worse. Really. We’ve all been there...right?
11. Claws In Your Back (04:38): About the monster of mental illness being “on your back.”
|2.||Appointments||7.||Everything That Helps You Sleep|
|3.||Turn Out The Lights||8.||Happy To Be Here|
|11.||Claws In Your Back|