|Higuchi, Hisato / She|
|Artist:||Higuchi, Hisato||Added:||Nov 2017|
|Add Date:||2017-11-19||Pull Date:||2018-01-21|
|Week Ending:||Jan 21||Dec 24||Dec 17||Dec 3||Nov 26|
|1.||Jan 27, 2018:||Music Casserole |
Speed, Ghosts Ghost
|4.||Dec 19, 2017:||Magnetized Toner |
|2.||Jan 20, 2018:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Dec 12, 2017:||Waste FM |
|3.||Jan 18, 2018:||Lucid Lightning: Power Hour |
|6.||Nov 30, 2017:||moodswings |
She is an expanded reissue of the legendary self-released EP (here with two extra tracks) from Tokyo, Japan’s Hisato Higuchi. Originally recorded at home and released back in 2003, She has developed a solid cult following for its strange mix of stripped down whispery folk a la Nick Drake complemented with odd controlled feedback/synth noises, creating an unconventional tension between organic and electric sounds. Highly recommended. |
RIYL: Keiji Haino, Smog, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Ai Aso and Sr. Chinarro’s La Tapia De Perejil EP.
Recommended Tracks: 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
1. (0:20) Breath – White noise brief and breath noise included.
2. (3:45) ** Girl Sister – Lo-fi folk piece. Minimal and slow. Weird pedal produced sounds appeared halfway through song.
3. (1:02) Siren – Field recording ambient piece.
4. (5:02) ** Ghost Ghosts – More reductive folk and sparse static noises. Great tension.
5. (1:53) * Guitar – Instrumental track. As lo-fi as you can get.
6. (4:53) ** Speed – Another haunting ballad with white noise and random pedal produced sounds. Includes long guitar solo.
7. (5:57) *** Ghosts Ghost – Ambient noise instrumental. Dense. Beautiful.
8. (3:46) ** Sister Girl – The B-side of the previous track. Striking.
9. (5:25) *** Ghost Ghosts [Alternate Take] – Exactly as the original, only longer.
|4.||Ghost Ghosts||8.||Sister Girl|
|9.||Ghost Ghosts [Alternate Take]|