|Higuchi, Hisato / She|
|Add Date:||2017-11-19||Pull Date:||2018-01-21|
|Week Ending:||21 Jan||24 Dec||17 Dec||3 Dec||26 Nov|
|1.||Sat, 27 Jan 18:||Eme O|
|4.||Tue, 19 Dec 17:||Telepathic Juan|
|2.||Sat, 20 Jan 18:||Eme O|
|5.||Tue, 12 Dec 17:||DJ Arid & Hankinstein|
|3.||Thu, 18 Jan 18:||DJ Teddy Tesla & DJ Farad|
Lucid Lightning: Power Hour
|6.||Thu, 30 Nov 17:||agent scully|
She is an expanded reissue of the legendary self-released EP (here with two extra tracks) from Tokyo, Japan’s Hisato Higuchi. Originally recorded at home and released back in 2003, She has developed a solid cult following for its strange mix of stripped down whispery folk a la Nick Drake complemented with odd controlled feedback/synth noises, creating an unconventional tension between organic and electric sounds. Highly recommended. |
RIYL: Keiji Haino, Smog, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Ai Aso and Sr. Chinarro’s La Tapia De Perejil EP.
Recommended Tracks: 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
1. (0:20) Breath – White noise brief and breath noise included.
2. (3:45) ** Girl Sister – Lo-fi folk piece. Minimal and slow. Weird pedal produced sounds appeared halfway through song.
3. (1:02) Siren – Field recording ambient piece.
4. (5:02) ** Ghost Ghosts – More reductive folk and sparse static noises. Great tension.
5. (1:53) * Guitar – Instrumental track. As lo-fi as you can get.
6. (4:53) ** Speed – Another haunting ballad with white noise and random pedal produced sounds. Includes long guitar solo.
7. (5:57) *** Ghosts Ghost – Ambient noise instrumental. Dense. Beautiful.
8. (3:46) ** Sister Girl – The B-side of the previous track. Striking.
9. (5:25) *** Ghost Ghosts [Alternate Take] – Exactly as the original, only longer.
|4.||Ghost Ghosts||8.||Sister Girl|
|9.||Ghost Ghosts [Alternate Take]|