|Dream Syndicate, The / How Did I Find Myself Here?|
|Album:||How Did I Find Myself Here?||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Dream Syndicate, The||Added:||11/2017|
|Add Date:||2017-12-31||Pull Date:||2018-03-04|
|Week Ending:||4 Mar||25 Feb||18 Feb||11 Feb||4 Feb||28 Jan||21 Jan||14 Jan|
|1.||Dec 02, 2021:||Magnetized Toner: Favorite Songs of the Decad... (rebroadcast from Jan 14, 2020) |
|4.||Apr 01, 2019:||wig out at denny's |
Filter Me Through You
|2.||Sep 13, 2021:||Magnetized Toner: Best of 2017 (Part 1) (rebroadcast from Jan 2, 2018) |
Filter Me Through You, Kendra's Dream, Glide
|5.||Mar 03, 2018:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Jan 14, 2020:||Magnetized Toner: Favorite Songs of the Decade [2010 - 2019] Conclusion |
|6.||Feb 24, 2018:||Music Casserole |
How Did I Find Myself Here? Is the first studio album in 29 years by the mythical and highly influential Los Angeles psych rock band, The Dream Syndicate. Associated always with the Paisley Underground sound - jangle pop originated in California - The Dream Syndicate constructs a compelling and absorbing recording with How Did I Find Myself Here? mixing jangle pop, post-punk, and atmospheric noise rock effortlessly. It’s a mixture between the sweetness of Luna, the distortion of Bailter Space, and the early energy of B.R.M.C. One of the best comebacks in years and one of my favorite albums of 2017.|
RIYL: The Dream Syndicate!
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8!!
1. (3:55) *** Filter Me Through You – Medium-up tempo guitar driven psychedelica. Nice touch with the synths. It sounds like a transitional piece. Very welcome.
2. (6:23) *** Glide – Space rock a la Dream Syndicate. Feels timeless. Medium-up tempo.
3. (4:11) ** Out Of My Head – Upbeat tempo. Solid guitars, cool vibe.
4. (4:16) ** 80 West – More closer to their early stuff. Loud and vocal driven. Medium-up tempo.
5. (4:58) *** Like Mary – Another piece constructed around old blueprints. Medium tempo. Killer guitars and vocals.
6. (4:34) The Circle – Upbeat loud guitar driven piece. Intense.
7. (11:14) How Did I Find Myself Here – Space jam with jazzy-psych rock tones. Medium tempo. Long guitar jams. The Doors would be proud.
8. (6:22) **** Kendra's Dream – Mesmerizing recording constructed around Kendra Smith’s haunting vocals (guest singing here) and an on-and-off hypnotic guitar riff. I particularly love the existential lyrics. My favorite song on the album.
|1.||Filter Me Through You||5.||Like Mary|
|3.||Out Of My Head||7.||How Did I Find Myself Here|
|4.||80 West||8.||Kendra's Dream|