|Robillard, Duke / Duke And His Dames Of Rhythm|
|Album:||Duke And His Dames Of Rhythm||Collection:||Blues|
|Add Date:||2017-12-20||Pull Date:||2018-02-21||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||18 Feb||11 Feb||4 Feb||28 Jan||21 Jan||14 Jan||24 Dec|
|1.||Feb 17, 2018:||blues with a feelin' |
|4.||Jan 27, 2018:||blues with a feelin' |
Was That The Human Thing To Do, Squeeze Me
|2.||Feb 09, 2018:||Traditions |
Was That The Human Thing To Do
|5.||Jan 26, 2018:||Traditions |
Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone
|3.||Feb 03, 2018:||blues with a feelin' |
My Heart Belongs To Daddy, Blues In My Heart
|6.||Jan 16, 2018:||Waste FM |
From Monday On
So frickin’ good. Duke’s homage to the fun and sassy music of the 1920s and 30s, featuring seriously great horns, Duke on acoustic guitar, and a rotating cast of female vocalists that keep things swinging. Part blues, part jazz, all so damned good. Every track worth a play. Great stuff, sophisticated & top notch.|
1. Delicious upbeat retro swing.
2. Lush and sultry, ballad. Slow, picks up at about 1:50.
3. Slow and stylish classic, picks up and gets swinging.
4. Sexy ballad with Madeline Peyroux channeling Billie Holliday
5. Nicely swinging midtempo w/vocals by Duke.
6. Down and dirty blues ballad.
7. Midtempo love gone wrong w/great vocals & trumpet.
8. Playfully suggestive, relaxed classic.
9. Head nodding w/a hint of gypsy swing. Duke on vocals.
10. Mid/uptempo sex kitten vocals by actress Elizabeth McGovern.
11. Slow and sensual, a delicious seduction.
12. Fun & brassy upbeat jam. So good.
13. Slow at first, then into an upbeat swing. Nicely done.
14. Relaxed and fun, playful lyrics, nice arrangement.
15. Starts slow, picks up, a stylish instrumental.