|Dj Nicholas / Audiologist, The|
|Label:||On The Shout Records|
|Add Date:||2018-01-23||Pull Date:||2018-03-27||Charts:|
|Week Ending:||1 Apr||11 Mar||4 Mar||4 Feb||28 Jan|
|1.||Sun, 19 Jan 20:||LJH Kesha|
Lift Jesus Higher as presented by ReJOYce in Jesus Ministries
|4.||Sun, 03 Nov 19:||Kesha LJH|
ReJOYce In Jesus Ministries Presents, "Lift Jesus Higher!"
|2.||Sun, 05 Jan 20:||Daniel of LJH|
LJH Pt 2
|5.||Sun, 27 Oct 19:||Daniel of LJH|
ReJOYce in Jesus Ministries 'Lift Jesus Higher!' Pt 2
|3.||Sun, 17 Nov 19:||Daniel of LJH|
Lift Jesus Higher, Pt 2
|6.||Sun, 13 Oct 19:||Daniel of LJH|
Lift Jesus Higher, Pt 2
DJ Nicholas/The Audiologist/On The Shout Records|
DJ Nicholas is no stranger to the Gospel Reggae scene and this marks his fourth album. This Jamaican native’s style is a mix of traditional reggae chat, dancehall, R&B, electronic, and hip-hop. This is a very diverse album with collaborations with artists Chris Black, Todd Dulaney, Papa San, and Yankee B. His style and word play is engaging and clever. If you like Papa San, Positive, Shabba Ranks, or Monty G, then this album is for you! Fave tracks: 9*, 12, 2, 8.
1. [4:23] Med tempo, R&B groove, has a heavily autotuned chorus featuring artist Chris Black who provides the R&B vocals on the track. Great chorus!
2. [3:21] Med/fast tempo, upbeat, featuring DJ Nicholas with a great hook and metaphor. Repetitive keyboard throughout.
3. [3:24] Med tempo, Caribbean groove, collaboration with praise & worship leader Todd Dulaney who provides the vocals for the chorus.
4. [1:37] NOT A SONG. A silly skit with DJ Nicholas being interviewed and doing freestyle. Pretty CORNY.
5. [2:32] Med tempo, Starts with sirens, more somber and serious tone, long intro. Chorus smooth heavy autotuned. Special guest D.A. Jay & Dimitri MC Dowell.
6. [2:55] Intro has a symphony strings sample, med. Tempo, plenty autotuned on guest singer Dunamis Reignz.
7. [3:26] Electric guitar, slow/med tempo, ballad-ish during the parts with Jermaine Edwards providing smooth vocals on the chorus.
8. [3:16] Smooth island vibe, with synth steel pan sounds, traditional reggae sound, med tempo.
9*. [3:39] Dramatic horns and guitar intro, Bob Marley influence. Samuel Medas kills on this song, his smooth vocals make this a hit! Med tempo.
10. [4:36] High energy upbeat song. Starts with talking by DJ Nicholas. Techno-ish vibe on this song.
11. [2:59] High energy, electronic style. Fast tempo.
12*. [2:48] Slow/Med tempo groove with heavy dancehall drive. Yankee B and Papa San are both on this song and make it one of the best songs on the album.
13. [3:03] Song starts with DJ Nicholas talking to a nutritionist. Fun song with repetitive upbeat hook. Dancehall style.
14. [3:50] Med/Tempo. Hard sound but classic DJ Nicholas style and sound. A storytelling with a clever chorus.
15. [3:24] Upbeat tempo, heavily autotuned chorus, busy electronic sound throughout and classic DJ Nicholas style and sound.