|Endurance / Molecular Shrine|
|Label:||A C R|
|Add Date:||2018-01-15||Pull Date:||2018-03-19||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||18 Mar||11 Mar||18 Feb|
|1.||Jul 01, 2018:||Posturing through Metaphysical Collapse |
|3.||Mar 10, 2018:||Markov Chain Gang |
|2.||Mar 17, 2018:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Feb 17, 2018:||On The Warpath |
Understatedly complex ambient-drone bathed in a hazy glow. Endurance is Joshua Stefane, who lives in Japan and is a bioethics researcher by day, and here he explores “the bridging of the micro and macro, from the fine details to the whole, from the pin drop to the colossus roar.” Layers of synths, tape loops, and field recordings pile up, shimmering and luxurious in a way that stems from naturally evolving wonder rather than staged new age kitsch. One of many quietly astounding albums from the new London tape label ACR, which has quickly become one of my favorite sources for beautiful music. I’ve been listening to this one a lot. RIYL early Stars of the Lid, Benoit Pioulard, Eluvium. Favorites: 3, 4, though all are great. No words, no FCCs.|
1. (5:32)—Intro in medias res. Subtly vibrating bass, soft bleeps, shafts of light with wind blowing through. Dense bordering on heavy.
2. (13:24)—Choral-like drone, chimes, bird sounds. Bright, optimistic, grand.
3. *(6:30)—Slight melancholy undertones. High drones shot through with light. Minimal granular synth cuts through the mist. Overwhelmingly lovely.
4. *(8:19)—Distant wind sounds. Pulsing granular synth. Bass slides in gradually. Subtle noise elements, tape manipulation.
5. (8:24)—Soft ringing sounds, like an old alarm clock going off next door. Manipulated chimes. Something like water rushing in.
6. (7:46)—Soft water sounds. Pulsing bass, sharp high synth tones.
|1.||Serve Science||4.||Sympathetic Systems|
|2.||Air-Filled Structures||5.||Molecular Shrine|
|3.||Measurements Of Light||6.||New Era|