|Dedekind Cut / Tahoe|
|Artist:||Dedekind Cut||Added:||Mar 2018|
|Add Date:||2018-03-06||Pull Date:||2018-05-08||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Apr 1||Mar 25||Mar 18||Mar 11|
|1.||Jul 30, 2020:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
|4.||Mar 31, 2018:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Apr 23, 2020:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
The Crossing Guard
|5.||Mar 23, 2018:||Lucid Lightning: Power Hour |
Tahoe, Hollow Earth
|3.||Jul 01, 2018:||Posturing through Metaphysical Collapse |
The Crossing Guard
|6.||Mar 22, 2018:||Sound Landscapes |
(Released by: Kranky)
Reviewed by BravoMarco
An ambient spacey hybrid out of Sacramento – courtesy of musical & visual artist Fred Welton Warmsley III – Waves of magical drone washing in & out of some tracks, along with varying degrees of influences coming out in others.
Pronounced – Dead–Da–Ken Cut
Like: Ian Hawgood + Giulio Aldinucci, Deison & Mingle, Josco & Spheruleu
No FCC’s (Instrumentals)
1) Equity (4.15) Waves of soft drone with faint spoken word in the distance.
2) The Crossing Guard (10.05) A Peaceful summers day with more than a hint of anarchy behind it. Slow rising panic.
3) Tahoe (4.59) Soaring high with emotion - Just a lovely track. (long fade)
4) MMXIX (9.19) Ups the tempo – More of the space age ambient feel about this one with plenty going on. Aboriginal themes meet flamenco with a bit of intergalactic birdcall added in for good measure.
5) De-Civilization (3.35) Mellow textures from the synths sway easily from side to side.
6) Spiral (3.16) Slightly more aggressive synth play, although it still retains that new agey sensibility to it.
7) Hollow Earth (12.20) Forest sounds accompany the foreboding deep bass from the onset. This eases off to reveal a peaceful local, complete with liturgical chants. The menace then returns, only to be defeated once more.
8) Virtues (4.28) Higher energy constant drone, changes with every listen from the bleak to the inviting.
|2.||The Crossing Guard||6.||Spiral|