|Saline / You Did It To Yourself|
|Album:||You Did It To Yourself||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Label:||Perfect Attendance Records|
|Add Date:||2018-06-26||Pull Date:||2018-08-28|
|Week Ending:||Sep 2||Aug 26||Aug 19||Aug 12||Aug 5||Jul 29||Jul 22||Jul 15|
|1.||Aug 30, 2018:||Ad Hoc Variety Show |
|4.||Aug 20, 2018:||Unintentional Radio |
Buy High, Sell Low
|2.||Aug 27, 2018:||regular school / summer skool |
Fast And Great
|5.||Aug 18, 2018:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
|3.||Aug 24, 2018:||Old Fart at Play |
|6.||Aug 11, 2018:||FMF |
Cool experimental punk rock (?) album from Athens, GA fronted by a female vocalist. Gritty and occasionally slightly searing, overall a consistently solid album.|
RIYL: Speedy Ortiz, Girlpool, Lucy Dacus, Mitski, Anna McClellan
Favorites: 3, 9
*1. “Fast and Great” (03:57) Uptempo, a strong start to the album.
2. “Hair of the Rat” (03:41) A little darker/rougher
*3. “Cantaloupe Song” (01:32) A bit ethereal, light and airy, mysterious
4. “Knee Socks” (05:04) Starts off slower/calmer, Picks up around 1:42 w/ more of a rock vibe then stays pretty consistent for the rest of the track
5. “Greek Hotel” (07:16) Long, driving rock ballad w/ a slowed down section in the middle. Ends fast and lowd.
6. “Pith” (4:20) Darker slower song w/ some higher pitched vox and semi-unsettling background sounds.
7. “Garlands of Celery” (02:59) fuzzy rock tune.
8. “Misses Daddy Long Legs” (04:04) slower, hazier, then picks up and gets a little louder, nice slower breakdown at the end
*9. “Buy High, Sell Low” (05:26) starts w/ rhythmic percussion, one of the clearest tracks vocally, a pleasant end to the album
|1.||Fast And Great||5.||Greek Hotel|
|2.||Hair Of The Rat||6.||Pith|
|3.||Cantaloupe Song||7.||Garlands Of Celery|
|4.||Knee Socks||8.||Misses Daddy Long Legs|
|9.||Buy High, Sell Low|