How We Found Ourselves... Everywhere! is the latest release by legendary Los Angeles band The Dream Syndicate. It consists of an outtake from last year’s exceptional comeback album, How Did I Find Myself Here? and five live recordings captured in different places all over the world, showcasing the great moment the band is experiencing after a long hiatus from touring.
1. (4:55) ***Recurring (Steve's Dream) – Not as mesmerizing as Kendra Smith's version, it’s also a shorter take; this track delivers as a solid outtake gem.
2. (11:26) **How Did I Find Myself Here – Energetic take, almost as long as the original version. Recorded in Vadsø, Norway and featuring John Paul Jones on purple lap steel and Chris Cacavas on keyboards.
3. (3:29) **The Medicine Show – Great live take recorded for Rockpalast / WDR-TV in Bonn, Germany and featuring Chris Cacavas on keyboards.
4. (4:38) **When You Smile – Solid live rendition of the original. Location info not available.
5. (12:08) ***John Coltrane Stereo Blues – My favorite live take on the album. Exuberant. Recorded for WXPN at World Cafe Live in Philadelphia PA, USA.
6. (6:11) **Glide – One of the cool newer tracks from 2017’s How Did I Find Myself Here? Great delivery. Recorded at KEXP in Seattle WA, USA.