|Hail, Mary / (W)Rest|
|Add Date:||2018-08-02||Pull Date:||2018-10-04|
|Week Ending:||30 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug||12 Aug||5 Aug|
|1.||Sep 29, 2018:||Narnia |
|4.||Aug 15, 2018:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||Aug 23, 2018:||Butter and Jams |
|5.||Aug 11, 2018:||Narnia |
|3.||Aug 18, 2018:||Narnia |
|6.||Aug 10, 2018:||Old Fart at Play |
Quiet bedroom acoustic duets from Syracuse, New York. Mostly just two soft voices and a guitar. Abstractly romantic and sweet, mostly slow and pensive like ‘90s slowcore, though sometimes more recognizable as so-called indie-folk. Impressionistic and precise lyrics raise this above the by-now deeply encoded tropes of sad lo-fi Bandcamp music. Maybe they take writing classes with Mary Karr and George Saunders, I don’t know. But this is very pretty and absolutely worth playing when trying to induce calm and contemplation. RIYL Carissa’s Wierd, Low, Ida, Bluetile Lounge. Favorites: 1, 5. No FCCs detected.|
1. *(4:12)—Mid-tempo fingerpicking. The yearning bridge feels like it could come from a much older song, like a duet from the early ‘60s or even before.
2. (4:40)—Mid-tempo waltz. Sounds like an unplugged Low song.
3. (2:32)—Faster strumming. Light and upbeat but hushed.
4. (3:45)—Field recording of bells. Slow strumming.
5. *(4:56)—Mid-tempo, minimal picking, nice build. Several vocal tracks form fragile harmonies. Gentle trumpet.