|Various Artists / Naps / Lung Cycles|
|Album:||Naps / Lung Cycles||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Lily Tapes & Discs|
|Add Date:||2018-08-12||Pull Date:||2018-10-14||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||30 Sep||16 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug|
|1.||Sep 29, 2018:||Narnia |
|4.||Aug 18, 2018:||Narnia |
|2.||Sep 15, 2018:||Narnia |
|5.||Aug 18, 2018:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
|3.||Aug 19, 2018:||Magnetized Toner: 3 AM |
|6.||Aug 16, 2018:||subwoofer etc etc etc |
Lo-fi ambient drone. Simple compositions, not exactly serene but very pretty and endearingly informal. Naps (Philadelphia) makes thick, burbling compositions by layering lots of keyboards. Lung Cycles (Rochester, NY) improvises on a pipe organ in an empty cathedral, then filters it through the hiss and wobble of tape. Favorites: 2, 5, 7. No words, no FCCs. |
1. (6:58)—High, swirling loop, simple organ drone that gets deeper halfway.
2. *(10:06)—Subtle high tones, really nice low end, soft buzzing. A bit of a build, but nothing disruptive.
3. (8:19)—More dissonant layering. Dense.
4. (4:16)—Field recording of what sounds like driving. Harsher tones.
5. *(7:48)—Tape-warped organ drone in D major. Grand in a grainy sci-fi VHS dub way.
6. (6:38)—Optimistic. Drone in C major, simple chord variations.
7. *(10:23)—Ominous, formidable. Feels like actual imposing church music.