|Body/Head / Switch, The|
|Add Date:||2018-08-12||Pull Date:||2018-10-14|
|Week Ending:||7 Oct||23 Sep||16 Sep||2 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug|
|1.||Jun 29, 2021:||Magnetized Toner: Best of 2018 [Part 1] (rebroadcast from Jan 15, 2019) |
|4.||Oct 03, 2018:||Brownian Motion |
Change My Brain
|2.||Jan 15, 2019:||Magnetized Toner: Best of 2018 [Part 1] |
|5.||Oct 02, 2018:||Magnetized Toner |
|3.||Oct 16, 2018:||Magnetized Toner |
Change My Brain
|6.||Sep 19, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
You Don't Need
The Switch is the third release by Northampton, Massachusetts’ free rock/noise duo Body/Head. Despite the improvisational aspect of their recording approach, Body/Head, led by Kim Gordon on vocals and guitar, and Bill Nace, also on guitar, seems to have spent more time in the studio structuring these compositions and carefully crafting them one by one. The tone is also calmer but not atmospheric. The guitar effects feel almost organic and Kim’s vocals never stop being so haunting.|
RIYL: The Static, The Dead C., Sonic Youth’s Sonic Youth Records releases.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5
1. (7:53) **Last Time – Single notes, sparse lapses, echoey effect and moments with Kim’s vocals. Halfway through track, more guitar explorations of delay and gentle strumming. Low decibels. Spiritual calmness.
2. (5:27) ***You Don't Need – Two guitars, two sets of distortion. Repetition. Navigating through waves of control feedback, Kim’s vocals here and there. Towards the end, one guitar changes direction and becomes almost atmospheric. Like wearing ghost attires.
3. (4:38) In The Dark Room – Guitar/pedal distortion composition. Summer insects flying around suburban power generators. No vocals.
4. (10:42) **Change My Brain – This one remind me of those late 1990s/early 2000s SYR experiments with minimal distortion, ambient sounds, and repetition. Clever piece.
5. (10:07) **Reverse Hard – Quiet almost minimal. By minute 4:38, distortions levels increase, vocals emerged, and a guitar riff accompanies the sounds fragments around. By minute 6:02 things slow down and a minute later, more distortions and more vocals.
|1.||Last Time||3.||In The Dark Room|
|2.||You Don't Need||4.||Change My Brain|