|Tucker, Alexander / Don't Look Away|
|Album:||Don't Look Away||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Thrill Jockey Records|
|Add Date:||2018-09-09||Pull Date:||2018-11-11|
|Week Ending:||11 Nov||4 Nov||28 Oct||7 Oct||30 Sep||23 Sep||16 Sep|
|1.||Jul 09, 2020:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
|4.||Oct 27, 2018:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Nov 06, 2018:||Magnetized Toner |
|5.||Oct 03, 2018:||The Library |
A To Z
|3.||Nov 03, 2018:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Sep 26, 2018:||The Library |
UK singer-songwriter with psychedelic, weirdo folk, sci-fi leanings. Slightly melodramatic singing style, baritone voice. He tends toward the luscious, slightly tripped-out sound that made his last album Third Mouth so beautiful and unsettling. RIYL Arthur Russell, Six Organs of Admittance, Current 93, Syd Barrett, a much weirder Fleet Foxes. Favorites: 3, 6, 8, 9. No FCCs detected.|
1. (3:08)—Mid-tempo, stuttering. Upbeat strumming, 70’s power rock guitar leads.
2. (2:42)—Slow, bright fingerpicking. Pretty folk song with lyrics about being made by “organic computers.”
3. *(4:27)—The pop song. Slow, ascetic electro beat paired with rich, lovely strings. Feels like it’s from the early 00’s—hints of Boards of Canada or Múm or Lali Puna.
4. (2:05)—Deep piano, richocheting post-rock guitar.
5. (2:04)—Instrumental. Slow, interweaving guitars.
6. *(2:44)—Slow fingerpicking and subtle bass. Pretty folk song.
7. (5:28)—Instrumental, sort of. Trippy vocal effects, distant martial beat.
8. *(3:43)—Slow fingerpicking, fuzzy keyboard, very pretty.
9. *(2:51)—Slow, lush, like an early sixties pop song in amber. Faded harmonies.
10. (2:52)—Slow, deep guitar. Slightly off-kilter strings.
11. (1:57)—Dazed, washed-out, mantra-like folk.
12. (4:44)—Fast fingerpicking, layers of ambient vocals, nonsense (as far as I can tell) mantra.
|1.||Objects||7.||Gloops Void (Give It Up)|
|2.||Sisters And Me||8.||Behind The Shoulder|
|3.||Visiting Again||9.||A To Z|
|5.||The Saddest Summer 2||11.||Yesterday's Honey|
|6.||Ghost On The Ledge||12.||Ishuonawayishanawa|