|Topdown Dialectic / S/T|
|Add Date:||2018-09-23||Pull Date:||2018-11-25||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||28 Oct||21 Oct||14 Oct||7 Oct||30 Sep|
|1.||Tue, 23 Oct 18:||Chano|
|4.||Sat, 13 Oct 18:||Mr Tumnus|
|2.||Mon, 22 Oct 18:||DJ Postnatal|
I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants
|5.||Fri, 05 Oct 18:||glu|
|3.||Sat, 20 Oct 18:||Mr. Tumnus|
|6.||Tue, 02 Oct 18:||Chano|
Reviewed by Chano|
Topdown Dialectic - Topdown Dialectic
These songs are really fun listens - they’re both highly energetic and also spacey. Topdown Dialectic sort of gives you a really refreshing and blissed out sound and then teases you with it before pulling it away. Feels like the world being torn apart in a very nice way. Would fit well with a variety of electronic/experimental genres.
FCCs: none! No lyrics
Favorites: 1, 5, 7,
RIYL: Aphex Twin, Brian Eno, J Dilla, Radiohead,
1. A1 - 5:00 - midtempo inviting jam with drums that pan around your head if you’re on headphones and a really warm bass tone pulsing throughout giving coherence. Gets dancey at certain points - like a dance party in space in some other galaxy? Very fun.
2. A2 - 5:00 - this track has skippy, uptempo kick drums guiding the way throughout. Lots of interesting sounds panning around, but less bass than the previous track. Interesting chords buried in the mix but that creep out and take center stage every once in a while. Feels more introspective than dancey.
3. A3 - 5:00 - swirling synths and crisp high hats; more dancey than A2, but still spaced out; sound gets clearer and crisper toward the end and the energy is kept up.
4. A4 - 5:00 - nice thick bass starts this up and it builds up slowly over first minute, leaving lots of space for listeners to explore the sounds and make connections. very droney of center. Some vocals show up in the track at various points but never take center stage.
5. B1 - 5:00 - midtempo funk; funky bassline and kick drums interact with subtley crazy high hats and snares. Picks up and gets real groove at about 2min in. Little bit of an ambient techno vibe (I’m not a master of this genre but it sounds both ambient and techno at times ;)
6. B2 - 5:00 - Frenetic percussion starts off; stays percussive throughout with interesting synths bobbing in and out. Chords and and drums interact with each other and pan around. Swirly and upbeat.
7. B3 - 5:00 - This one starts off including a chopped masculine of center vocal sample that gives a nice texture to the bass pulse and percussive sounds that drive this track. different snares come in and provide an additional level of coherence.
8. B4 - 5:00 - very spacey and swirly. Interesting sounds. mostly kick drums on this one, along with sounds swishing in throughout and interacting with the kicks and bassline line. Very driving bassline, but doesn’t feel dancey as some of the other tracks do.