|Sleaford Mods / Sleaford Mods Ep|
|Album:||Sleaford Mods Ep||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2018-10-14||Pull Date:||2018-12-16||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||16 Dec||28 Oct|
|1.||Dec 14, 2018:||old fart At Play |
Bang Someone Out
|2.||Oct 21, 2018:||truth to force |
Stick In A Five And Go
Sleaford Mods EP
(Rough Trade Records)
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Always time for celebration when the Sleaford Mods release new tunes – Still as harsh & caustic as ever. Not easy to follow up last year’s splendor of a release “English Tapas” however, this is just as hypnotic & important.
(From the previous release – the message is still pertinent)
Hard working & repetitive splendor from the Nottingham area of the UK. This is protest music for a new generation. Listen up! Uncompromising duo with hard-hitting salvo after salvo revealing real life woes. Spit fire lyrics angrily going to work over the drum machine, thumping bass & synth. Full of slang & very English references, although the messages will resonate with most.
Like: John Cooper Clarke, The Fall, B52’s, March Violets
All great, loving 2 & 3 – Safe Harbour only, unfortunately.
*FCC’s – Not as sweary as usual, however every track has an FCC
1) *Stick In A Five And Go (3.54) Classic Sleaford Mods sound & storytelling, drum patterns, bass & a healthy sense of humour. FCC “Fuckin”
2) *Bang Someone Out (3.33) Bouncy & upbeat, making for a very happy sound, the lyrics aren’t so joyful. FCC’s a few “shits”
3) *Gallows Hill (2.22) Head nodding beats with a repetitive & tense synth in the background – Repeated chorus & very accessible. FCC’s “fuckin”
4) *Dregs (2.28) Hard working bass competes with the drum machine – full of venom – FCC’s a few “fucks”
5) *Joke Shop (2.51) Slowing it down with smooth & mellow sounds – No let up with the angry lyrics, just not as irate. FCC’s very mild, just a cheeky “bullshit”
|1.||Stick In A Five And Go||3.||Gallows Hill|
|2.||Bang Someone Out||4.||Dregs|