|Segall, Ty & White Fence / Joy|
|Artist:||Segall, Ty & White Fence||Added:||09/2018|
|Add Date:||2018-09-30||Pull Date:||2018-12-02|
|Week Ending:||2 Dec||25 Nov||18 Nov||11 Nov||4 Nov||28 Oct||21 Oct||14 Oct|
|1.||Sun, 02 Dec 18:||Trish McBee|
|4.||Wed, 14 Nov 18:||Super Chuck|
The Fuzz Deli
|2.||Wed, 28 Nov 18:||DJ Stace|
|5.||Wed, 07 Nov 18:||DJ Stace|
|3.||Wed, 21 Nov 18:||Super Chuck|
The Fuzz Deli
|6.||Sat, 03 Nov 18:||Eme O|
Joy / Segall, Ty & White Fence |
Label: Drag City
RIYL: Ty Segall
Play: Tracks 1-4 as a single track 6+ minute track. Any others, favorites are marked.
1. *Beginning 01:44 - starts quiet then falsetto vocals followed by tribal rhythms for a frantic, tempo shifting, drum jammy chaotic wonderful mess.
2. *Please Don't Leave This Town 01:32 - Acoustic guitar base with soaring lead guitar chaos over the top give way to some Pete Townsend worthy power chording. Ends abruptly, bleeding into next acoustic track.
3. *Room Connector 00:46 - simple lofi acoustic piece. Exactly what the title says,... a connector.
4. *Body Behavior 02:16 The finale of the first 4 song movement on this album. More early Who-esque power chords and harmony vocals. Ends properly.
5. *** Good Boy 02:01 - Worth the price of admission just for the "Lipstick and Pancake" lyric at the front. Tempo shifting, with some great Ginger Baker drum moments. great batshit crazy lead over the top.
6. Hey Joel, Where You Going With That? 02:54 - Musical companion to the previous track, with more tempo shifts and sonic chaos.
7. Rock Flute 00:28 - Sounds like a rusty swingset and a firetruck making sweet love.
8. *A Nod 02:19 - mid-tempo, simple but infectious rhythm. Strummy and cool. Reminds me of some of Bauhaus early less atmospheric stuff. Great lyrical observations on how we measure ourselves.
9. Grin Without Smile 01:34 - Manic mid-tempo crasher with harmonic vocals. There's some Yardbirds in there, somewhere.
10. *Other Way 01:41 - Love the angry dog intro. Gives way to straight ahead punk/kraut bass perfection.
11. Prettiest Dog 00:16 - 16 seconds of a great punk song. No lyrics.
12. Do Your Hair 01:35 - Mid Tempo, straightforward 60's style psychedelia
13. She Is Gold 05:06 - Nice drum intro that doesn't have much to the song it gives way to. slower, rhythm heavy. Lots of broken toy organ sounds, etc... Whispered repetitive and limited lyrics. Totally rocks out at 3:20 and becomes an instrumental prog rocker for the remainder. Your Imaginary Friend's favorite track on the album, I'd bet money on it.
14. Tommy's Place 01:52 - Space Guitar intro with nutty sounding quasi harmony vocals. Goofy and fun, like Tommy's Place, apparently. TADA!!!!
15. *My Friend 03:56 - Killer strummy acoustic ending. at 1:56 it transitions to the closing credits music for Wes Anderson's next romantic comedy about Alaskan Bush Pilots. A perfect Mothersbaugh-esque ending.