|Interpol / Marauder|
|Add Date:||2018-09-30||Pull Date:||2018-12-02|
|Week Ending:||2 Dec||18 Nov||11 Nov||4 Nov||28 Oct||21 Oct||14 Oct||7 Oct|
|1.||Sun, 09 Dec 18:||a.b. en masse|
truth to force
|4.||Wed, 28 Nov 18:||DJ Stace|
|2.||Tue, 04 Dec 18:||The Frog Prince|
|5.||Fri, 16 Nov 18:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
|3.||Wed, 28 Nov 18:||Super Chuck|
The Fuzz Deli
|6.||Wed, 14 Nov 18:||Super Chuck|
The Fuzz Deli
|a.b. en masse|
Interpol return with a slightly fuzzed and bleached-stained 6th record. According to some, these qualities are simply referred to as “terrible mixing”. As always, fans who inexplicably hope for a new "Turn on the Bright Lights" will be disappointed. The band seems less inspired by the streetlights and facades of New York and more interested in the heat waves and desert sands of Mexico. This makes for a slightly new and interesting take on the typical Interpol formula. |
RIYL: Sonic Youth (Daydream Nation), Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Fever to Tell), Silversun Pickups
FCC: 9, 11
1. (4.25) If You Really Love Nothing - A soaring, searching opener. Vocalist really pushing the limits of his range here, which is somewhat of an acquired taste
2. (3:37) The Rover – Straightforward, slightly fuzzed rock
3. (3:54) Complications – Electric and ambling guitar, simple and sturdy basslines.
4. (3:51) Flight of Fancy – Another straightforward rock track, but lower key
5. (4:53) Stay in Touch** – Intensifying, layered guitar lick and classic moody vocals
6. (1:01) Interlude 1 – Untuned electric organ in an empty cathedral. No vocals.
7. (3:08) Mountain Child** - Tongue in cheek lyrics (“So high like a meteor”) and a constant crescendo dynamic make this a staple Interpol track.
8. (3.17) NYSMAW** - Needling, colorful guitarwork
9. (4.13) Surveillance – FCC: shit. Basslines remain simple as usual, but take a more central role in this track
10. (3:13) Number 10*** – Simultaneously subdued and lively, with an engaging instrumental break
11. (3:39) Party’s Over – FCC: bitch. Slower tempo, washed out guitars lets some excellent drum work shine through
12. (1:03) Interlude 2 – More discordant cathedral vibes. No vocals.
13. (4:08) It Probably Matters** - Another track in a constant crescendo. Grounding bassline. Solid closing track.
|1.||If You Really Love Nothing||7.||Mountain Child|
|4.||Flight Of Fancy||10.||Number 10|
|5.||Stay In Touch||11.||Party's Over|
|6.||Interlude 1||12.||Interlude 2|
|13.||It Probably Matters|