|Mona / Soldier On|
|Add Date:||2018-10-08||Pull Date:||2018-12-10|
|Week Ending:||2 Dec||18 Nov||11 Nov||28 Oct||21 Oct|
|1.||Wed, 28 Nov 18:||Super Chuck|
The Fuzz Deli
|4.||Sun, 04 Nov 18:||Nova|
|2.||Mon, 12 Nov 18:||Nova|
|5.||Mon, 22 Oct 18:||DJ Postnatal|
I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants
|3.||Fri, 09 Nov 18:||Jon Cousins|
|6.||Wed, 17 Oct 18:||DJ Genesis|
|Katrina and Kayla|
Reviewed by Katrina S
MONA is an alt rock band based out of Nashville. Soldier On is their fourth album, with a focus on the loss of a significant other and being alone. Most of these songs are mid tempo or fast, in contrast with the subject matter. In my opinion, you can’t really go wrong with any of these. Reminds me of some of The Killers’ slower stuff and maybe Kings of Leon.
Recommend: 3, 1, 9, 10, 6
1) (3:03) **Out of Place- Mid tempo, smooth vocals over a really consistent beat. About leaving a significant other.
2) (3:25) Thought Provoked- Fast track with a static-y intro. The occasional acoustic guitar gets thrown into the mix. Vocals sound strained at points, but it fits right in.
3) (3:51) **All I’ve Known- mid tempo, this is a jam. Definitely my favorite track on the album. Great vox and a really nice tune. Nothing groundbreaking, just synth, guitars, and drums, making for a solid song.
4) (3:07) Kiss Like a Woman- mid/fast. Grittier vocals, plus electric guitar, and great drums. Quality alt rock. Sounds like The Kooks.
5) (4:26) Losing Time- Mid tempo, the vocals are a little bit grittier, starts to feel like rock towards the end and then fades to synth for the last 20ish seconds.
6) (3:09) **Is It all Enough- mid/fast, synth and distant drums fade into vocals and percussion over electric guitar in the background. Slightly angsty.
7) (3:26) Don’t let Go- FCC(?) entire song about driving someone to climax. Slow acoustic intro with a distorted transition to slow/mid electric guitar for the remainder.
8) (3:04) Not Alone- Fast, more rock than alternative in the chorus, with screechy vocals and a increased tempo, that falls back to smoother and slower in the other verses.
9) (3:30) **Some Kind of Rage- Mid/fast about letting loose, initial swaying beat, turns steady for the chorus. Happy-sad.
10) (4:23) **Soldier On- Slow intro with a bit of synth and piano, then the addition of a driving beat, stripped down and really about the vocals. There are portions that are almost spoken.Think Kings of Leon.
|1.||Out Of Place||6.||Is It All Enough|
|2.||Thought Provoked||7.||Don't Let Go|
|3.||All I've Known||8.||Not Alone|
|4.||Kiss Like A Woman||9.||Some Kind Of Rage|
|5.||Losing Time||10.||Soldier On|