|Davachi, Sarah / Gave In Rest|
|Album:||Gave In Rest||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Ba Da Bing!|
|Add Date:||2018-10-14||Pull Date:||2018-12-16||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||16 Dec||25 Nov||28 Oct||21 Oct|
|1.||Dec 15, 2018:||Narnia |
|4.||Nov 24, 2018:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Dec 15, 2018:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Oct 24, 2018:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Nov 24, 2018:||Narnia |
|6.||Oct 20, 2018:||Narnia |
Soft, meditative drone inspired by religious music from the Medieval and Renaissance periods. Performed mostly on non-electrified instruments, occasionally done in one take. Very peaceful and patient, low-lit, spacious and minimal. Davachi’s based in LA, but she did her music MFA at Mills in Oakland and released her first album in 2013 on Full Spectrum, Andrew Weathers’s tape label. RIYL Eliane Radigue, Pauline Oliveros, Grouper, Sister Grotto, Morton Feldman. Favorites: 2, 3, 7. No words, no FCCs. |
1. (8:38)—Grainy, medium-high pitched organ. Tones held for extended periods, then cut off suddenly.
2. *(7:40)—Very soft, high, bowed-sounding drones. Ghostly. Reminds me of Kyle Bobby Dunn.
3. *(5:30)—Slow Satie piano. High, foggy, mournful vocals. RIYL Grouper’s recent stuff.
4. (8:32)—Very high, breathily played wind instruments. Minimal piano, glimmering drones.
5. (5:44)—Warped medium-low piano tones, high drones.
6. (3:33)—Soft backmasked drones, high chorus of drifting voices.
7. *(3:19)—One-take organ piece. Shadowy, gleaming.