|Debutantes , The / Debutantes , The|
|Album:||Debutantes , The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Debutantes , The||Added:||10/2018|
|Add Date:||2018-11-24||Pull Date:||2019-01-26|
|Week Ending:||13 Jan||6 Jan||30 Dec||23 Dec||16 Dec||9 Dec|
|1.||Tue, 28 May 19:||Telepathic Juan|
|4.||Thu, 10 Jan 19:||Mr. Bones|
|2.||Tue, 29 Jan 19:||Telepathic Juan|
Magnetized Toner = Best of 2018 [Conclusion] + New Music
|5.||Wed, 02 Jan 19:||Mr. Bones|
Hanging in the bone yard
|3.||Sun, 27 Jan 19:||Big Chief|
On the Warpath
|6.||Wed, 26 Dec 18:||Big Chief|
On The Warpath
The Debutantes is a notable reissue compilation of singles and unreleased material by the literally unknown Detroit, Michigan 1960’s garage pop female quartet The Debutantes. Great takes on classic songs – fond of the vocals and the vivid guitar work. Garage rock forever. |
Something else from the press release:
Jan McClellan and a rotating cast of Motor City kitties shattered hearts and glass ceilings from ’64 to ’69, busting out three sought after 45s and quietly putting to tape nine more recordings! The tapes have been found and those nine unreleased cuts combine with the coveted six to form the first-ever Debutantes LP! A cohesive raucous bundle of raw joy, including a blistering take on the Andre Williams penned “Shake A Tail Feather,” a gender bending spin on “If You Wanna Be Happy,” a Stones cut, and so much more!
RIYL: The Chymes, The Daughters Of Eve, The Puppets, The Pleasure Seekers & The Sanshers.
Recommended Tracks: All! But start with # 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15
1. (2:43) We Gotta Get Out Of This Place – Medium tempo. Garage cut – driven by an organ riff.
2. (2:29) *If You Wanna Be Happy – Medium-up tempo piece. Guitar driven. Unique interpretation.
3. (3:20) Caravan – Medium-up tempo recording. Instrumental. Close to the original.
4. (2:13) **Little Latin Lupe Lu – Medium-up tempo. Groovy.
5. (2:34) *On Broadway – Slow tempo. Another close to the original. Chill vibes.
6. (2:43) ***Love Is Strange – Medium tempo. Organ driven intro. Great cover. Nice twist.
7. (2:04) **A New Love Today – Medium-up tempo. Garage pop at its best.
8. (3:24) **Kansas City – Medium tempo. Another solid cover. Blues pop? I dig.
9. (2:16) *Shake A Tail Feather – Medium-up tempo. Grovvy cut. Nice cover.
10. (2:46) Strong Foundation – Slow tempo. Chill vibes and melancholy.
11. (3:16) **I Got You Babe – Slow tempo. Quite a nice take on the original. Driven just by vocals and a strumming guitar.
12. (2:43) A Breath Taking Guy – Slow tempo. Balladesque. Chill.
13. (3:43) **He Cried – Slow tempo recording. Nice gender bending twist.
14. (3:14) *Be My Baby – Slow tempo cut. Balladesque. Pleasant spin.
15. (3:04) ***The Last Time – Medium tempo. Killer take on the original version – the guitars are almost identical (which I don’t mind since this is my favorite Stones song).