|Hersh, Kristin / Possible Dust Clouds|
|Album:||Possible Dust Clouds||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2018-11-04||Pull Date:||2019-01-06|
|Week Ending:||6 Jan||23 Dec||16 Dec||2 Dec||25 Nov|
|1.||Mar 05, 2022:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
No Shade In Shadow
|4.||Dec 20, 2018:||Pumping Iron |
|2.||Jan 09, 2019:||The Library |
|5.||Dec 14, 2018:||old fart At Play |
Half Way Home
|3.||Jan 03, 2019:||oatmeal for lunch |
|6.||Dec 14, 2018:||Totally A |
Possible Dust Clouds
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Kristen Hersh could sing the pages of the phone book and it would still sound enthralling & pleasurable. The raspy vocals are on fine display here, as is the all round quality one comes to expect from this, her eleventh solo release. Engineered & produced by long time collaborator Steve Rizzo. Recorded partly in San Francisco’s Studio Paradiso.
Superior alternative rocking sound - Like: Throwing Muses, Patti Smith & Violent Femmes, Woven Hand
All good - Loving 3,4 FCC’s *3
1. LAX (3.50) Nice mid paced charmer, with those hard edged guitar melodies.
2. No Shade In Shadow (3.34) Restrained with an almost “Siouxsie & the Banshees “Dear Prudence” feel.
3. *Half Way Home (3.58) (Mother fucker) Reminiscent of the first solo classic bare bones LP “Hips & Makers” If not as stark, it’s just as emotional.
4. Foxpoint (3.12) Delicate opening minute leads to a stunning slow grind of an assault. Just sublime.
5. Lethe-Gain (3.50) Mixing the styles, with the guitars & percussion leading the way.
6. Loud Mouth (3.33) Faster paced & more edgy. The angst in the vocals shines through.
7. Gin (2.47) Drives along at a fine pace – Head-nodder in the truest sense.
8. Tulum (3.45) Faster, with the guitars let loose – slows for the last minute in a psychedelic haze.
9. Breathe In (3.21) Carries on from the ending of the previous track with more effects all round, giving a “Bardo Pond” like quality.
10. Lady Godiva (4.37) Acoustic offering ends this joyous voyage.
|2.||No Shade In Shadow||7.||Gin|
|3.||Half Way Home||8.||Tulum|