|Nilsson, Erik / Recollage|
|Add Date:||2018-12-04||Pull Date:||2019-02-05||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||3 Feb||6 Jan||23 Dec||16 Dec||9 Dec|
|1.||Sat, 02 Feb 19:||Eme O|
|4.||Fri, 21 Dec 18:||Old Fart|
Old Fart at Play
|2.||Thu, 31 Jan 19:||Jodieous|
The Emerging Artist Network
|5.||Sat, 15 Dec 18:||Mr. Tumnus|
|3.||Sat, 05 Jan 19:||Mr. Tumnus|
|6.||Sat, 08 Dec 18:||Mr. Tumnus|
Light experimental/ambient. Acoustic guitar, synth, and “natural” sounds lightly processed into airy pieces of music. A release from 2016 by a Swedish artist based in Stockholm. Not as intellectual or forbidding as a lot of ambient or naturalistic music...almost all the songs have melody and rhythm. A lot of the tracks have a delicate, sprightly feeling. Interesting stuff.|
Try 1 and 2.
1) “Into Motion” (4:48): Bright piano/harpsichord, quite bubbly, energetic after the first minute.
2) “Tail Lights” (5:29): Surprisingly funky guitar, light taps on the drums, and electronic whip driving it along. Actually quite catchy in its restrained way.
3) “Timepiece” (1:55): Sound of a clock tolling. Harmonica squeaks around on top.
4) “Rumore del Roma” (3:42): Some acoustic guitar, a bit likely...transitions into quiet piano playing the same melody. Wistful.
5) “Old Piano/Bad Back” (4:20): Slow and fragmented. Choppy. Gradually gathers momentum at the end, becomes almost dancey.
6) “Recollage” (5:12): Lots of atmospheric sounds: doors opening, knives being sharpened, etc, underneath a fairly simple guitar/piano melody.
7) “15 Minutes of Boredom” (2:16): Disjointed, choppy: notes rising up and down, fragments of radio.
8) “Little Demon” (2:21): Kind of a weird little ho-down with an out-of-tune and loosely stringed guitar. Ends with thirty seconds of silence.
9) “Rumore del Roma (original version)” (1:54): Kind of a nice stripped-down version of the other track. Very old worldly. Romantic.
|1.||Into Motion||5.||Old Piano/Bad Back|
|3.||Timepiece||7.||15 Minutes Of Boredom|
|4.||Rumore Del Roma||8.||Little Demon|
|9.||Rumore Del Roma (Original Version)|