|Hour / Anemone Red|
|Label:||Lily Tapes & Discs|
|Add Date:||2018-12-04||Pull Date:||2019-02-05|
|Week Ending:||3 Feb||6 Jan||23 Dec||9 Dec|
|1.||Sat, 02 Feb 19:||Eme O|
|4.||Tue, 29 Jan 19:||BloopQuack|
Bloop and Quack
|2.||Fri, 01 Feb 19:||Old Fart|
Old Fart At Play
|5.||Tue, 01 Jan 19:||DJ Yamster|
All About Us (Studio B Demo)
|3.||Wed, 30 Jan 19:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|6.||Sat, 22 Dec 18:||Eme O|
Gentle, pastoral, brushstroke instrumentals featuring guitar, drums, cello, violin, viola, synths, and accordion. The pieces chart the dissolution of a relationship, and the sound is accordingly romantic, reflective, and tenderly melancholic. This would be a perfect score to a low-budget, character-driven film, probably involving small town life or a road trip. RIYL Rex (especially the instrumental passages on their album C), Dirty Three, Boxhead Ensemble, early Early Day Miners, the soundtrack to Waking Life, the feel of autumn generally. Favorites: 1, 4, 6, 7. No words, no FCCs.|
1. *(2:36)—Mannered mid-tempo waltz. Slow, rich melodic finish.
2. (4:13)—Slow, halting. Nice complex chorus progression.
3. (3:56)—Slow start with high, wispy violin. Brief shifts toward an upbeat feel.
4. *(4:14)—Pleasant, loping, alt-country feel, like early Lambchop.
5. (3:10)—Bedhead-like slow, winding guitar melodies. Chilly ambiance. Sudden end.
6. *(7:32)—Melancholy, languid start. Wonderful chorus, shifts toward optimism.
7. *(6:05)—Funereal, tender, at dirge-tempo. Chillingly pretty.
8. (1:19)—Lo-fi guitar fingerpicking.
9. (1:46)—Upbeat, like a pop miniature. Very simple drum machine beat. Field recordings.