|Album:||Don't Look Now: Aural Apparitions From The Geographic North||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Nov 2018|
|Add Date:||2019-01-01||Pull Date:||2019-03-05||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Mar 3||Feb 24||Feb 10||Jan 20||Jan 13||Jan 6|
|1.||Jun 29, 2021:||Magnetized Toner: Best of 2018 [Part 1] (rebroadcast from Jan 15, 2019)
Surrounded By Illusion
|4.||Mar 02, 2019:||Music Casserole
Perfunctory Attachments (Decomposed)
|2.||Mar 06, 2019:||Hot mess on the warpath
O Virtus Sapientiae, Our Collective Spirit Is A Hammer To Crush The Oppressors' Skulls
|5.||Feb 23, 2019:||Music Casserole
Surrounded By Illusion, Seeing Redness, Plastic Fingers
|3.||Mar 02, 2019:||The Acupuncture Hour/Audio Ambrosia
Seeing Redness, Plastic Fingers
|6.||Feb 18, 2019:||Emergency Crew for PACC
Ch. I: Cement Dossier, Komorebi
1. (1:35)—Manipulated bell-like sounds. Crisp.
2. (5:58)—Jittery keys, trippy hard-panned tones.
3. *(5:14)—John Carpenter synths. Slow, minimal, ominous beat. Sax, maybe?
4. (5:41)—Dark organ. Complex, glitchy electronic textures. Noisy, pulsing.
5. (5:12)—Swirling field recordings, dissonant sci-fi synths. Ramps up and gets loud.
6. (4:12)—Solo fingerpicked acoustic guitar. A big change in style, but still ominous in tone. Local artist!
7. (1:19)—Ghostly ambient loops, super lurid slow saxophone. Cheesy and great.
8. *(4:19)—Way down-pitched vocals. Flute? Sludgy and psychedelic. CV & JAB is Christina Vantzou and John Also Bennett.
9. *(6:31)—Like Philip Glass but more epic. Lots of pinging synth lines, synth strings, wall of rainbow choral noise.
10. (3:11)—Synth organ wanderings.
11. (1:14)—Continuation of the smoky sax ’n’ drone, but more aggressive.
1. *(4:18)—Slow, noisy beat. Dense, dubby, slippery. For fans or Demdike Stare or Andy Stott.
2. (4:48)—Slow, heavily manipulated solo electric guitar. Starts out with a Loren Connors vibe then jumps suddenly to noisy drone with ghostly voice.
3. (3:55)—Vibes, bells, piano, field recordings, wobbly synths.
4. *(5:52)—Dark, windy atmosphere. Stereo-panned breath. Spooky synths. Minimal.
5. (1:24)—See 1-11.
6. (7:20)—Dry, percussive, moody soundscape synths.
7. (3:11)—Muffled synth bass. High, wispy machine tones.
8. (2:46)—Retro synth loops.
9. *(6:30)—Slightly warped drone loop. Foggy, pretty, menacing.
10. (3:45)—Slow, nostalgic bells. On-point Twin Peaks score worship.