|New Indiana / Darkness Sunshine|
|Add Date:||2018-12-04||Pull Date:||2019-02-05|
|Week Ending:||3 Feb||13 Jan||16 Dec|
|1.||Sat, 02 Feb 19:||kim the friendly acupuncturist|
The Acupuncture Hour/Audio Ambrosia
|4.||Fri, 11 Jan 19:||Be Sharp|
|2.||Sat, 02 Feb 19:||Eme O|
|5.||Fri, 14 Dec 18:||Jon Cousins|
|3.||Fri, 01 Feb 19:||Old Fart|
Old Fart At Play
|6.||Mon, 10 Dec 18:||amy cummings|
Cello, acoustic guitar, gentle duet harmonies, lots of reverberant silence. Peaceful, calming. New Indiana is a New York duo that originally met in Tucson in the late nineties. This reminds me a lot of Low (early Low, not the recent stuff) but also the pastoral lilt of Spanish classical music. If you like early Fleet Foxes’ quieter pieces you’ll find a lot to enjoy too. All songs slow unless noted otherwise. Favorites: 2, 3, 5, 7, 13.|
1. (3:41)—Plucked cello, stately classical feel. “Media has so much power.”
2. *(2:48)–Loping rhythm. “Can’t see chance / so very hard / nowhere to go / feel so bad for him.”
3. *(4:08)—Melancholy waltz. Simple and fablelike.
4. (2:22)—Mid-tempo, heartbroken folk song. Fleet Foxes fans may like this.
5. *(3:21)—Deep, droplet-like. Reminiscences about frienship.
6. (2:35)—Bobbing waltz, nice guitar harmonies. Lyrics are just “Adam Weintraub, Adam Weintraub.”
7. *(2:45)—Appropriately hazy alt-folk feel, creeping toward mid-tempo. High drifting harmonies.
8. (3:18)—Jaunty mid-tempo piece. Fun, upbeat.
9. (2:23)—Sweet, smooth, optimistic.
10. (4:09)—Starts as lilting groove, changes to a pacing waltz and back.
11. (2:40)—Pleasant waltz. Lyrics about the Grand Canyon and Bernie Sanders.
12. *(1:56)—Very slow, warm. Like a perfect slow pop miniature.
13. (2:25)—Mid-tempo, upbeat. Reminds me of cowboy vocal groups like Sons of the Pioneers, but more sedate.
|1.||Media||7.||Deep In A Haze|
|2.||The Three||8.||Irish Jig|
|5.||Reunion||11.||The Sun Sets In The West|
|6.||Adam||12.||Beginning Of Summer|