|Album:||Why Hasn't Everything Already Disappeared?||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2019-01-28||Pull Date:||2019-04-01|
|Week Ending:||Mar 31||Mar 24||Mar 17||Mar 10||Mar 3||Feb 24||Feb 17||Feb 10|
|1.||Nov 30, 2021:||The Library (rebroadcast from Mar 6, 2019)
No One's Sleeping
|4.||Jul 01, 2021:||Magnetized Toner (rebroadcast from Mar 19, 2019)
No One's Sleeping
|2.||Jul 14, 2021:||Totally A (rebroadcast from Feb 1, 2019)
|5.||Jun 30, 2021:||Totally A (rebroadcast from Feb 1, 2019)
|3.||Jul 04, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler (rebroadcast from Mar 1, 2019)
Death In Midsummer
|6.||Apr 02, 2019:||Magnetized Toner
Something else from the press release:
What they spend their time doing instead is reinventing their approach to microphones, the drum kit, the harpsichord, the electromechanical and synthetic sounds of keyboards. Whatever guitars are left are pure chrome, plugged straight into the mixing desk with no amplifier or vintage warmth. The result is as thrilling, haunting, and unpredictable as anything in their roughly 15-year career.
RIYL: Grizzly Bear, Ariel Pink, The Flaming Lips, Grandaddy and The Clean.
Recommended Tracks: ALL! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
1. (4:23) *** Death In Midsummer – Slow/medium tempo. Harpsichord driven. Psychedelic guitars. Impressive.
2. (4:26) **** No One’s Sleeping – Medium tempo. Layers of synths, keyboards and other electronic sounds. Unconventionally constructed. More striking psychedelic moments. My favorite track on the record.
3. (2:03) ***Greenpoint Gothic – Synths and more automated sounds. Instrumental. Faultless.
4. (3:00) **Element – Medium tempo. Deerhunter sounding like classic Deerhunter. Entrancing.
5. (4:17) **What Happens To People – Medium–up tempo. Baroque pop here. Feels timeless.
6. (3:26) *Détournement – Slow tempo. The most experimental of the bunch. Part spoken word. Still notable.
7. (2:52) ***Futurism – Medium tempo. Playful cut soaked in psychedelic sounds and driven by a very 1970s melodic AM radio vibe. One of my favorites.
8. (3:08) *Tarnung – Slow tempo. Calm. Warm sounds. Absorbing.
9. (2:14) ***Plains – Medium-up tempo. Rhythmic and engaging. Reminds me somehow of a more light version of Talking Heads. Too bad it’s brief.
10. (6:25) ***Nocturne – Slow/medium tempo. Impressive recording starting as a baroque pop ballad then mutating into semi-vaporwave synth driven cut with a long outro. Just splendid.
|1.||Death In Midsummer||6.||Détournement|
|2.||No One's Sleeping||7.||Futurism|
|5.||What Happens To People?||10.||Nocturne|