|Chocolate Watchband, The / This Is My Voice|
|Album:||This Is My Voice||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Chocolate Watchband, The||Added:||01/2019|
|Label:||Dirty Water Records|
|Add Date:||2019-01-09||Pull Date:||2019-03-13|
|Week Ending:||10 Mar||24 Feb||17 Feb||3 Feb||27 Jan||20 Jan||13 Jan|
|1.||May 24, 2019:||Traditions - Bob Dylan's birthday |
|4.||Feb 14, 2019:||Grace and Jam |
|2.||Mar 06, 2019:||Brownian Motion |
|5.||Jan 29, 2019:||Attitude Adjustment |
Desolation Row, Till The Daylight Comes
|3.||Feb 20, 2019:||Brownian Motion |
|6.||Jan 27, 2019:||On the Warpath |
Psychedelic/garage rock incorporating male vocals, & instruments including guitar, bass, drums, harmonica, keyboard, and tambourine. This Bay Area band greatly influenced the psych rock scene in the 60s. While this eclectic album is ripe with dance-able songs, it does provide shrewd commentary on the U.S.’s current political regime, esp in tracks 2, 4, and 11. Listen to the sample of a Make America Great Again speech w Trump’s voice at the intro of track 11! They also cover Frank Zappa, Bob Dylan, and The Seeds in tracks 4, 9, and 10, respectively. |
All FCC clean.
RIYL: The Doors
Try 1, 2, 8, 10
1) Secret Rendezvous – 3:21 – Distorted guitar, tambourine, with fun chord progressions.
2) Judgment Day – 4:21 – Zen intro. Song intensifies with organ-esque keyboard at 2:00.
3) This is My Voice – 4:12 – Rhythmic percussion, cheerful guitar, and soft vocals.
4) Trouble Everyday – 4:34 – Tambourine & harmonica with country-like vocals.
5) Take a Ride – 3:16 – A fun jam with playful guitar, kind of sounds like 50s rockabilly.
6) Talk Talk – 2:40 – Cool but brief transition in tune at 0:58. Tambo, guitar, & drums dominate. Sudden end at 2:36.
7) Bed - 3:10 – Intro & prevailing melody throughout song sounds like harpsichord a la Ray Manzarek from The Doors! A foot-tapping tune.
8) Bombay Pipeline – 3:30 – Beautiful sitar takes center stage. Entirely instrumental.
9) Desolation Row – 4:45 – Sweet, romantic vocals, guitar upticks in volume at 3:04.
10) I Can’t Seem to Make You Mine – 3:11 – Really cutesy, 50s-like keyboard & guitar make this a sad song about heartbreak. Hear the keyboard dance from 1:35-1:56.
11) Till the Daylight Comes – 3:31 – Steady & predictable melody offsets the intro.
|1.||Secret Rendezvous||6.||Talk Talk|
|3.||This Is My Voice||8.||Bombay Pipeline|
|4.||Trouble Everyday||9.||Desolation Row|
|5.||Take A Ride||10.||I Can't Seem To Make You Mine|
|11.||Till The Daylight Comes|