|Bark Psychosis / Codename: Dustsucker|
|Add Date:||2019-01-15||Pull Date:||2019-03-19|
|Week Ending:||24 Feb||27 Jan||20 Jan|
|1.||Sat, 23 Feb 19:||Eme O|
|4.||Thu, 17 Jan 19:||DJ Aporia & DJ Osud|
|2.||Thu, 24 Jan 19:||DJ Aporia|
Being as an ocean
|5.||Wed, 16 Jan 19:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|3.||Wed, 23 Jan 19:||Telepathic Juan's Other Clone|
In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand: After Hours
|6.||Tue, 15 Jan 19:||Yamster|
British post-rock, with male & female vocals, guitar, drums, vibraphone, & bass. Bark Psychosis shows that less is more, with their sparse lyrics and droning haze of sound perpetuating through the songs. Their unique, futuristic, and sometimes trippy sound actually prompted the term “post-rock” to be coined, when critics were scrambling for ways to describe the band’s music. You’ll see this as they use guitar for non-traditional purposes, e.g. subtly influencing the color in the background of the song, rather than forming a definite riff.|
All FCC clean.
Try: 4, 6, 8.
1) From What is Said to When it’s Read – 5:27 – Very groovy & tender melody with guitar, soothing vocals. Sounds like timpani & tambourine too.
2) The Black Meat – 6:50 – More traditional use of guitar, keyboard, & drums. Sultry vocals. Last 2 mins of song become a distant drone.
3) Miss Abuse – 6:10 – Echoing, distorted vocals with bits of billowing bass.
4) 400 Winters – 5:48 – Lingering & trippy vibraphone, crescendo in the middle of the song. Blissful. Transitions into piano solo at the end.
5) Dr. Innocuous/Ketamoid – 1:04 – Scratchy, loudening noise & drums. An ominous instrumental with a sudden end.
6) Burning the City – 5:10 – Rich layering of instruments & deep vocals. Vibraphone adds tasteful flavor.
7) INQB8TR – 7:59 - Sounds like a pendulum of alternating guitar & timpani.
8) Shapeshifting – 6:02 – Female vocals, subtle use of gamelan. Shifts to cool, warbling solos and piano in the last 2 mins. Track suddenly cuts off at 5:53.
9) Rose – 5:50 – Flat, out-of-tune guitar meshes into floating vibraphone & organ. Femals vocals come & go.
|1.||From What Is Said To When It?S Read||5.||Dr. Innocuous/Ketamoid|
|2.||The Black Meat||6.||Burning The City|