|Kenney, Madeline / Perfect Shapes|
|Add Date:||2019-07-08||Pull Date:||2019-09-09|
|Week Ending:||8 Sep||1 Sep||18 Aug||11 Aug||4 Aug||28 Jul||21 Jul||14 Jul|
|1.||Thu, 07 May 20:||DJ Away|
Stranded at Settembrini's
|4.||Sat, 14 Sep 19:||Eme O|
|2.||Fri, 20 Sep 19:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
|5.||Fri, 06 Sep 19:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
|3.||Sun, 15 Sep 19:||Kim|
|6.||Thu, 05 Sep 19:||chickpea and onion boy|
Kenney’s dream/indie pop is very listenable while still incorporating some experimentation, channeling Tame Impala. It’s multi-instrumental, yet the resounding theme throughout is the reverberating guitar a la Cocteau Twins, deepening Kenney’s laments about love.|
It’s also just transcendental, introspective cowboy music to walk through a garden and listen to.
All FCC clean!
Try 3, 6, 8
RIYL: Ringo Deathstarr, Sound of Ceres, Tame Impala, Yo La Tengo, Cocteau Twins
1. Overhead – 3:57 – Sunny twangs of guitar & reverb, dream pop-y.
2. Bad Idea – 4:05 – Slower, contemplative. Sad slow drums highlighted by wailing. Tone of music becomes stronger midway.
3. **Cut Me Off – 3:19 – Pop-y, clear and vibrant synth tones and guitar/bass. Some unexpected variation in the middle makes it even cooler. Tune completely changes a minute before track ends!
4. No Weekend – 2:59 – Most of song is mellow. Last 30 seconds incorporate a beautiful jazz fusion.
5. Know – 4:23 – Echoing vocals and thoughtful guitar at a walking pace. A great song to think about life to.
6. **The Flavor of the Fruit Tree – 3:29 – Experimental Tama Impala-esque beats, lovely fuzzy synth. Touched by R&B.
7. I Went Home – 3:38 – This song with shoegaze-y undertones airs out frustrations around expending too much emotional labor.
8. **Perfect Shapes – 4:35 – This song is a breath of fresh air, guitar, vocals, and keyboard sound like a lullaby.
9. Your Art – 3:27 – Gets exciting halfway through, with cascading shoegazey guitar. Little trumpet solo in the last ~30 secs, only wish it were louder.
10. Always Around Me – 3:42 – Minimalist track. Soft, lingering guitar a la Cocteau Twins.
|1.||Overhead||6.||The Flavor Of The Fruit Tree|
|2.||Bad Idea||7.||I Went Home|
|3.||Cut Me Off||8.||Perfect Shapes|
|4.||No Weekend||9.||Your Art|
|5.||Know||10.||Always Around Me|