|Exek / A Casual Assembly|
|Album:||A Casual Assembly||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2019-02-07||Pull Date:||2019-04-11|
|Week Ending:||14 Apr||7 Apr||3 Mar||24 Feb||17 Feb|
|1.||Nov 04, 2021:||Stranded at Settembrini's (rebroadcast from Oct 21, 2021) |
|4.||Apr 02, 2019:||Magnetized Toner |
The Home Of The Architect
|2.||Oct 21, 2021:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
|5.||Feb 27, 2019:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Apr 10, 2019:||Brownian Motion |
|6.||Feb 20, 2019:||Brownian Motion |
Melbourne avant-punk band, pronounced “exec.” Here one member tells a wild and surrealistc story about upper class life in a dystopic future, accompanied by synth, trumpet, and bass. Trippy, absurdist, often super funny. A must for fans of Laurie Anderson and Robert Ashley, or of J.G. Ballard. The cover photo was taken at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Favorites: 2, 6, 8, 9. FCC WARNING: 1, 5, 7.|
1. (3:39)—FCC (f***). Peppy rising mid-tempo synths. The narrator enters a party.
2. *(1:50)—High, loud synth washes, almost dissonant. (“Talk about famous artists…Francobronio Garibaldi, Claude Portomonico, Laremy Scaramouche.”)
3. (0:31)—Woozy. The narrator gets picked up by a fancy car.
4. (2:17)—Lots of disorienting sci-fi synth sounds. The narrator learns the driver is “dedicated to the underground disco scene.”
5. (0:41)—FCC (f***). Loud high-pitched tones. The narrator drinks a beer.
6. *(3:57)—Mellow, spaced out. The narrator turns on the radio. “There was once a freedom to auto tune, and subsequently a freedom to listen to another one’s auto tunings.” He wakes up at the house of “The Physicist.”
7. (2:09)—FCC (f***). Upbeat swirling synth loop. “There was hardly any reason to travel far anymore. Everywhere looked the same, everywhere sounded the same, everywhere felt the same.”
8. *(1:47)—Reprise of the beginning synth pattern, but more frantic. The narrator pours coffee on The Physicist’s prize machine, and he gets beat up and thrown out.
9. *(1:30)—Dark, walking bassline. A bit of singing. A strange conclusion to the story.
|1.||Withheld From The Cycle||5.||Menthol|
|2.||The Home Of The Architect||6.||The Commoner|
|3.||Aerospace And Defense||7.||The Physicist's Issue|
|4.||A Mental Note||8.||Where The Milk Was Spilt|
|9.||A Fax Back From The Architect|