|White Denim / Performance|
|Add Date:||2019-01-22||Pull Date:||2019-03-26|
|Week Ending:||24 Mar||10 Mar||3 Mar||24 Feb||17 Feb||10 Feb||3 Feb||27 Jan|
|1.||Sep 27, 2022:||Zootopia |
|4.||Aug 29, 2022:||Zootopia |
|2.||Sep 20, 2022:||Zootopia |
It Might Get Dark
|5.||Aug 25, 2022:||Zootopia |
|3.||Sep 12, 2022:||Zootopia |
|6.||Aug 24, 2022:||Zootopia |
It Might Get Dark
Performance / White Denim Label: City Slang Records|
Austin Texas rockers take a break from writing performing and recording with Ft. Worth, TX crooner, Leon Bridges to release a solid American Indie Rock album. Great songwriting, tight productions and nods to 70's album rock, prog and other had me checking and double-checking to see if Dan Auerbach was hiding in here, somewhere. Nope, this is all White Denim. Uptempo, uplifting. Great album.
RIYL: Dan Auerbach, Black Keys, Whitney, Big Star, Leon Bridges, Southern Rock, Prog Rock, Blues Rock, Rock
Play: Anything; Favorites: 1,2,9
1. Magazin 03:38 ** - Slinking and growling guitars and shuffling drums interspersed with horns. Great opening tune with some chaotic rhythm going on in transitions. I like it alot. Nope, definitely not Dan Auerbach singing.
2. Performance 02:25 ** - Great loopy guitar effects at the start give way to an uptempo rocker. Love to vocals, again.
3. Fine Slime 04:45 - Another uptempo rocker with staccato guitars
4. Double Death 03:27 - Wobbly (jesus I don't even know what instrument that is) intro riffs, give way to prog-rockish rhythm shifting while remaining a nice and funky up-to-mid-tempo rocker
5. Moves On 03:52 - Heavy riffage , headbanging drum fills. Another great up-tempo proggy-rhythmed winner.
6. It Might Get Dark 03:36 - Southern rock riffs and nearly falsetto vocals (again with the Auerbach channeling) and freight train rhythms. Solid and fun with the volume cranked.
7. Sky Beaming 03:18 - Prog-rock freakout breakdowns all over the place. Mid-tempo with some airy guitar flourishes that remind me of the 70's.
8. Backseat Driver 03:16 - Keyboard tapping,Fuzzed out guitar and organ intro gives way to uptempo shuffler that highlights vocals into the rocking choruses.
9. Good News 04:21 *** - 12-string strumming and picking and fantastic lyrics and vocals make this my album favorite. Reminds me of Big Star in places. Ends with a 40 second fade of jangly guitar and radio feedback coolness. Great tune.Still sounds like Auerbach.
|2.||Performance||6.||It Might Get Dark|
|3.||Fine Slime||7.||Sky Beaming|
|4.||Double Death||8.||Backseat Driver|