|Demdike Stare / Passion|
|Add Date:||2019-01-28||Pull Date:||2019-04-01||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||24 Mar||10 Mar||24 Feb||17 Feb|
|1.||Mar 19, 2019:||for the fam |
|3.||Feb 19, 2019:||FOR THE FAM |
At It Again
|2.||Mar 07, 2019:||Reality Testing |
At It Again
|4.||Feb 12, 2019:||For the Fam |
You People Are Fucked
Demdike Stare - “Passion”|
Deconstructed dance music! The sounds are often fast paced and exciting to listen to, and this genre would fit in with electronic music of many types, as well as with experimental sets. Very energetic and sometimes dark beats. Great tones.
Favorites: 2, 5, 6, 7, 8,
RIYL: jungle, house, techno, experimental music.
1. “New Fakes” - 2:48 - dramatic opening. No drums just all intense synth pulses and vibrations phasing in and out in the stereo field.
2. “At It Again” - 7:17 - really distorted and cool sounding synths and feedback —> tremolo’d out effect on the same synth sounds —> kick drums come in as synths fade out and then come back in with really chopped up drum n bass types drums —> glitched out drums and bloopy sounds about 3min in —> intensely destroyed, distorted, and chopped up melody weaves in and out of mix, as do the drum breaks. Very sick track.
3. “Spitting Brass” - 4:20 - nice bright drum patterns open it up —> clean thick bassline comes in —> chopped up dance vibes —> beat continues and more synth leads come in —>
4. “Caps Have Gone” - 5:21 - thick snares that sound like gun shots with laser sounds on top; nice aggressive vibe that would go well with a chase scene in a sci fi movie. Lots of cool stretched out percussive sounds. Breakdown in the middle that’s pretty and soothing;
5. “Know Where To Start” - 3:33 - intense opening with lots of chaotic percussive sounds; cool chaotic dance vibe with lots of sounds coming in and out of mix.
6. “You People Are Fucked” - 2:45 - effected vocal sample loop; cool kick drums deep in mix; high pitched but subtle electronic tones that sound like spacey triangles; groovy bassline. Cool short tune.
7. “Pile Up” - 5:32 - intense kick drum action opens it up; thick bass tone and vocal sample add nice character; this one sounds like a demonic video game soundtrack. Some fun glitchy stuff and lots of sounds coming in and out. Last part the drums cut out and it’s all spacey synth tones played in a sustained and soothing way that sounds like an alien ship landing, calmly. Cool track
8. “Cracked” - 5:36 - More wild percussiveness - mostly high hats and then some kicks and toms and snares; riverbed out vocal samples comes in at the start of a few of the bars; the bassline comes in at about 1:45 and gives it a nice driving energy; very dancey. Cool chords come in about halfway through and give it a house-y energy; definitely play this one. Switches up toward the end and turns into a really weird fuzzed out loop with nice echoes and scrapey sounding synths.
9. “Dilation” - mellow pads open the track; mellow tones pretty much run through the whole track; no drums. Could be good for late night or show ending moments.
|1.||New Fakes||5.||Know Where To Start|
|2.||At It Again||6.||You People Are Fucked|
|3.||Spittin Brass||7.||Pile Up|
|4.||Caps Have Gone||8.||Cracked|