|Lisa/Liza / Momentary Glance|
|Add Date:||2019-03-12||Pull Date:||2019-05-14|
|Week Ending:||12 May||14 Apr|
|1.||Sat, 11 May 19:||Hervey Okkles|
Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
|3.||Wed, 10 Apr 19:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|2.||Sat, 11 May 19:||Eme O|
Skeletal slowcore folk from Portland, Maine. Minimal arrangements, chill-inducing electric guitar, plaintive singing, occasional contributions from two members of Ada (see their marvelous self-titled album in KZSU’s library). Mournful, wintry, gentle. RIYL Songs: Ohia, Julien Baker, Sibylle Baier, Tiny Vipers’ “Life on Earth,” Low. Favorites: 2, 3, 6. FCC WARNING: 1.|
1. (5:12)—FCC (s***). Slow electric guitar fingerpicking, seemingly in free time. Bobs up and down gradually.
2. *(8:11)—Very slow, a little bluesy. Bent pedal steel guitar, kinda Loren Connors-esque. High lonesome singing. Wonderful noctural feel. Long ambient outro.
3. *(7:35)—Slow, dark and yet sweet. Could almost pass as a children’s song. Marvelous lamenting finish.
4. (4:29)—Medium-slow. Stays in one place, high descending melody line.
5. (8:00)—Medium-slow strumming. Hesitating mood. Loose, rolling drums.
6. *(8:11)—Slow, ominous. Really reminds me of Songs: Ohia. Some desolate guitar noise.
|1.||Real Estate||4.||True Detective|
|2.||The Matador Pt. 2||5.||Tea Kettle|
|3.||Little Bird||6.||Black Pines|