|Laurel Halo / Raw Silk Uncut Wood|
|Album:||Raw Silk Uncut Wood||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Laurel Halo||Added:||Jan 2019|
|Add Date:||2019-02-14||Pull Date:||2019-04-18||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Apr 21||Apr 14||Mar 17||Mar 10||Mar 3|
|1.||Apr 28, 2022:||Magnetized Toner (rebroadcast from Mar 12, 2019) |
|4.||Apr 14, 2019:||w/e |
|2.||Sep 02, 2021:||Magnetized Toner (rebroadcast from Jul 29, 2021) |
|5.||Apr 13, 2019:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Jul 29, 2021:||Magnetized Toner (rebroadcast from Mar 12, 2019) |
|6.||Mar 12, 2019:||Magnetized Toner |
Raw Silk Uncut Wood
(Released by Latency)
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Back with a more delicate meditative encounter, Laurel Halo (Ina Cube) is in splendid contemplative form with this release. Unhurried richness that allows the listener to drift away to wherever you feel like going. Ambient electronica, with an enchanting maturity. “Inspired by recent film score work for Metahaven and Ursula Le Guin's translation of the 'Tao Te Ching' “
Like: Deison & Mingle, Lawrence English, Gregg Skloff, Laura Cetilia
All good: Loving 1,5,6
No FCC’s (Instrumentals)
1) Raw Silk Uncut Wood (10.00) Waves upon waves of earthy goodness.
2) Mercury (3.56) Jagged percussion underneath a mesmerizing deliberate touch of the piano.
3) Quietude (2.32) Harsher sound, although not reaching Industrial levels, a cacophony of fair ground rides combined with a shooting range.
4) The Sick Mind (4.24) This gurgles & splatters at a more energetic pace, unease & panic stricken in an underwater arena.
5) Supine (1.27) Like an intro to a post-punk classic from the early days – Ritual, Blood & Roses come to mind.
6) Nahbarkeit (10.07) A grand soundscape of sound, a cinematic beauty.
|1.||Raw Silk Uncut Wood||4.||The Sick Mind|