Electric Lady Sessions is the third live album by Brooklyn electro rock group LCD Soundsystem. Recorded over a three-day session in the Winter 2018 while on tour, it showcases some of the band’s favorite tracks with just a few alterations – no crazy re-makes here. The highlights of the album for me are the three covers by artists such as Heaven 17, Chic, and the Human League. My personals favorites are their takes on Heaven 17’s (We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove Thang and Chic’s I Want Your Love, flawlessly sung by Nancy Whang. The whole album is mixed as one continuous recording so expect abrupt endings on some tracks when played individually. For old and new fans.
1. (5:09) **Seconds – Medium-up tempo. Synth driven. Solid vocals. Very close to the original - A The Human League cover.
2. (6:04) *American Dream – Slow tempo. Great rendition.
3. (7:55) *You Wanted a Hit – Slow/medium tempo. Another great take. You can hear every effect.
4. (6:17) **Get Innocuous! – Slow/Medium-up tempo. Another respectable version. Pleasant vocals.
5. (6:40) **Call the Police – Slow/Medium-up tempo. Solid. Great build-up.
6. (4:40) I Used To – Medium-up tempo. Another decent take.
7. (5:45) ***Tonite – [FCC: Shit]. My favorite track from their 2017 album, American Dream. Too bad for the FCC.
8. (6:03) ***Home – Medium-up tempo. This one runs with grace. Prodigious sounds.
9. (4:16) ***I Want Your Love (Chic cover) – Medium-up tempo. Fantastic rendition. Sounds almost like a collaboration. Killer vocals.
10. (5:15) Emotional Haircut – [FCC: Fuck, Shit]. Medium-up tempo. Post-punk forever.
11. (6:10) **Oh Baby – Slow/medium tempo. Another great take. Feels right.
12. (4:05) ***(We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove Thang (Heaven 17 cover) – Medium-up tempo. Close to the original. Stylish and current. Dance!