|Add Date:||2019-03-01|| ||Pull Date:||2019-05-03|| |
|Week Ending:||5 May||28 Apr||21 Apr||14 Apr||7 Apr||31 Mar||24 Mar||17 Mar|
“You, Forever” Sam Evian|
The latest project from New York-based musician, singer-songwriter and producer, Sam Owen. This is his second album of dream pop and chillwave, with some psychedelic elements and influences from bands such as The Beatles. Most of the vocals are sung in falsetto. Perfect music for summer road trips and reminiscing with friends.
Recommended: 1, 3, 2, 9, 6, 10, 5. FCCs on Tracks 6 & 7 have been edited.
1. (3:17) IDGAF — Breezy, lush and melodic folk-rock, like driving up the canyons in L.A. Strummed guitar, shakers, bell-like Mellotron, and bright vocals. ****
2. (3:19) Where Did You Go? — Whimsical and light, with falsetto lead vocals and shimmering vox jaguar organ track. ***
3. (3:59) Health Machine — Slow-tempo rocker with a strong backbeat. Reverbed psych-rock falsetto vocals. Gritty guitar solos in lead breaks and wild saxophone and other brass in trail-out. ***
4. (4:43) Anybody — Slow R&B-influenced stroll. Simple melody with guitar, bass, drums, and organ accompanying falsetto vocals. Tenor sax solo in trail-out.
5. (1:43) Apple — Sweet and melodic. Very Beatles-like, with fingerpicked guitar and lilting vocals. ***
6. (2:48) Country [FCC clean] — Up-tempo alt-country/folk. Bouncy, with guitar and backbeat drums.
7. (4:21) Next To You [FCC clean] — Mysterious psych-folk. Guitar, bass, drums, and strings.
8. (3:37) Summer Day — Jangly and soothing folk-rock, like a summer day. Rich throwback harmonies in the chorus.
9. (3:06) Now I Feel It — Psych-rock, with a hint of Americana in the lead breaks. Slightly discordant at times. ***
10. (3:32) You, Forever — Slow-burning, psych-rock anthem with reverbed falsetto vocals. Distorted guitars. Builds to rockin’ ending. ***
11. (4:16) Katie’s Rhodes — Slow, slightly jazzy tune. Bell-like Mellotron. Can't tell if this is a duet with a female vocalist, or all Owen's vocals.