Triunfos Pasados is the second EP by Mexico City garage-punk duo Meelt. Fun, vigorous, visceral, and loud. I particularly love the vocals and the dirty garage one-of-a-kind cover they pulled off of Gloria Trevi’s 1990s pop classic, Dr. Psiquiatra. Reverb and echo forever.
RIYL: The Kills, No Age, Snakerattlers, Sleep It Off and The White Stripes.
Recommended Tracks: All! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1. (3:39) *Bruce Willis Estaba Muerto – Slow/medium-up tempo. Great bass line, killer vocals.
2. (2:41) **Ultimo Vagón – Fast, loud and lively. Mosh pit warning.
3. (2:35) *Golpe de Calor – Another Fast, brassy, and energetic cut here. Enjoying the vocal pairing.
4. (4:07) ***La Noche Quedó Atrás – The single of the EP. Upbeat, bouncy, and stylish. Mexico City after midnight.
5. (3:59) ***Dr. Psiquiatra – Slow/medium-up tempo. Impressive cover. Meelt captured the true spirit of the song. Killer vocals.