|Divtech / Spit Blood|
|Add Date:||2019-04-09||Pull Date:||2019-06-11||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||28 Apr||14 Apr|
|1.||Apr 24, 2019:||Brownian Motion |
Discipline Is Not Enough I
|2.||Apr 10, 2019:||Brownian Motion |
Spit Blood Ii
This is the political breakcore project of nomadic multimedia artist David Divtech (they/them). Noisy, spastic, hard-hitting fusion of punk, noise, hip-hop, and nineties industrial music. The screamed high-pitch vocals remind me of Rage Against the Machine (and I mean that as a compliment), with enraged and politically astute lyrics to match. If you like Death Grips but regret their contingent of fans who co-opt their music for neofascist ends, this is for you. Brings back good memories of being eight and listening to the Matrix soundtrack, too. Play it loud. Favorites: 4, 5, 6. FCC WARNING: 1, 3, 7.|
1. (2:18)—FCC (s***, f***, lots). Fast, quick to ramp up. Screamy, noisy end.
2. (2:00)—Instrumental. Fast noise freakout, holds back the groove until the finish.
3. (0:48)—FCC (f***). Digital hardcore, almost speedcore.
4. *(5:47)—Slow, sludgy, metallic. Military drums, head-nodding breakbeats.
5. *(1:58)—Very fast, freaked out. Digital blasts and globs.
6. *(4:58)—Instrumental. Fast, overwhelming. Swooshing, whirling noise. Footwork-like in places, wildly percussive.
7. (1:33)—FCC (f***). Fast. Blast of hardcore energy.
|1.||Spit Blood I||4.||Discipline Is Not Enough I|
|2.||Spit Blood Ii||5.||Discipline Is Not Enough Ii|
|3.||Eat Trash||6.||Going Down|